+1

Chesapeake Light Tower Spadefish

Had another great weekend! Started my Saturday morning as a guest along with Rob Cowling on the Fishing Tidewater Radio show. Don Lancaster and Matt Smith had me on to talk about Jet Ski Fishing and Rob was letting everyone know about the Children's Fishing Clinic coming up next month.
    I left the radio studio, went straight to Virginia Beach, dropped my jet ski and headed out of Rudee Inlet around 1030hrs. I ran around off the beach and the CB bouy line looking for some cobia. I did not see any so I ventured out to the Chesapeake Light Tower hoping the Spadefish were there.
    By then the wind was picking up around 15-20 out of the South. It was sloppy, the current was ripping and the visibility was poor. The water was cool, maybe 64 degrees but tolerable in a wetsuit. The fish were hanging right at 10-15 feet down, lots of them. It was a workout diving and swimming against the current but I managed to spear my limit.
    On the way in to Virginia Beach I could see an air show going on. It was cool to watch on my trip back, before I went in I stopped and watched the action. I had the thrill of a Harrier jet flying right over me at speed and low, exhilarating!!
    This morning was very breezy, my wife and I took our grandson on the jet ski and to a couple secluded beaches around Poquoson.
    He was thrilled to find turtles, crabs, minnows and shells.
    Here are some pictures from this weekend.

Lady K was one of the few boats out at the Tower.

See the sign at the bow of his boat "Jet Ski Intake" Ha! Gotta Catch Me First!

+1
    looks like fun!

my jet ski fishing experience ends at driving about a 1/2 mile out in shinnecock bay and throwing a line down for some blue fish .. never really enjoyed getting the ski dirty or smelling like fish, i save that for the boat!

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Saw you going out Brian.......hope to get out with ya soon!!!!

+1
    Thanks, I was fishing before I was riding pwc's and I raced moto-cross before I was fishing. Now it is kind of like I am doing both, on the water.

+1
    awesome pics

I wanna be like this guy when I grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibrian View Post
    [SIZE=4]I left the radio studio, went straight to Virginia Beach, dropped my jet ski and headed out of Rudee Inlet around 1030hrs. I ran around off the beach and the CB bouy line looking for some cobia. I did not see any so I ventured out to the Chesapeake Light Tower hoping the Spadefish were there.
    By then the wind was picking up around 15-20 out of the South. It was sloppy, the current was ripping and the visibility was poor. The water was cool, maybe 64 degrees but tolerable in a wetsuit. The fish were hanging right at 10-15 feet down, lots of them. It was a workout diving and swimming against the current but I managed to spear my limit.

[

Awesome pics. Just got my jet ski not sure about fiahing on yet. I have my boat fish the mid bay. Those are some nice fish and pictures

+1
    Another nice one Brian. I notice you are always on your SUV anymore. Is that just the time of year or what? Thanks for all your reports and pix. always a good time looking at em.

+1
    I will be mostly on the FXHO now that it is getting warmer.

+1
    So, are you ready for another Bahamas run?

Thread Information