Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

these gprs have no hole shot at standard

i have a stock gpr 1300r and it wont pull me off a nasty women compered to my 05 gtx ltd with very few mods from a whole shot. is it because the pump unit is smaller than the gtx?, cos to look at them both the yam looks like it has more engine than weight, regards bill

It's the water in the waterbox keeping the engine from revving quickly from a dead dig. Always blip the throttle before racing off the line with a GPR or better yet do the jetworks mod.

+1
    yup, the Jetworks modification will cure that holeshot problem !

Ask me about my two girl shows havoc's Avatar
    Could some one direct me to the Jetworks mod mentioned in this string.

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    i have a stock gpr 1300r and it wont pull me off a nasty women compered to my 05 gtx ltd with very few mods from a whole shot. is it because the pump unit is smaller than the gtx?, cos to look at them both the yam looks like it has more engine than weight, regards bill
    jetskibill... the most noticable modd so far on my 05 was the jet works from carl @ ilsand above...
    his parcels come to me here in uk in less than a week...i cant get stuff from lineone "spit" in that time...

+1
    Jetskibill,

There is a little more to the hole shot then just the JW mod, even though the JW is the biggest part of it.

If you were to take your GPR to wide open throttle, then quickly slow to an idle, then quickly accellerate again, this hole shot is about what you would expect from the JW mod. At that point (as others have said) you have the most torque because the water box is empty. I have no doubt that your prop will spin if you do this.

You are also going to have to seal your pump properly. There are topics on this.

More than likely, you will also need a different impeller.... for sure you would at least have to modify your stocker.

Between those three things, your hole shot will be much better. When I did mine for the first time, I thought that I was riding on someone elses GPR. There are other things you can do, be these three things are an absolute must.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    i have a stock gpr 1300r and it wont pull me off a nasty women compered to my 05 gtx ltd with very few mods from a whole shot.
    3 seaters often plane faster and you also have a supercharger on that gtx ltd.

African-American
    +1
    except you get turbo lag, and have a much higher maintenance bill than us 2 strokers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information