SuperCharger Slip with ET 127

I got the ET 127 drop in wheel and a rebuild kit, got it all together and the 127 instructions said to torque impeller nut to 25 ft lbs so I did. Then I installed the clutches like the rebuild kit said which is )()() and installed the nut, but the rebuild kit said to torque the clutch side nut to 22 ft lbs but the 127 wheel instructions said to torque it to 12-13 ft lbs. Was wondering which I should do??? I went ahead and done 13 ft lbs but want to make sure that's ok. Also the rebuild kit said slip should be around 60 in lbs with new clutches... but mine is around 80 in lbs with the nut torqued to 13 ft lbs... Is this normal or to high or not enough? I read on here some guys running 89-105 in lbs of slip... Lastly the rebuild kit has 3 washers that it said to use between the charger and the motor to space them do I have to use these on a stock charger housing?

Quote Originally Posted by Firemann2112 View Post
    I got the ET 127 drop in wheel and a rebuild kit, got it all together and the 127 instructions said to torque impeller nut to 25 ft lbs so I did. Then I installed the clutches like the rebuild kit said which is )()() and installed the nut, but the rebuild kit said to torque the clutch side nut to 22 ft lbs but the 127 wheel instructions said to torque it to 12-13 ft lbs. Was wondering which I should do??? I went ahead and done 13 ft lbs but want to make sure that's ok. Also the rebuild kit said slip should be around 60 in lbs with new clutches... but mine is around 80 in lbs with the nut torqued to 13 ft lbs... Is this normal or to high or not enough? I read on here some guys running 89-105 in lbs of slip... Lastly the rebuild kit has 3 washers that it said to use between the charger and the motor to space them do I have to use these on a stock charger housing?
    Come on guys someone has to have a answer???

+1
    im sure the 13 lbs will be fine. it should drop some anyways with the break in.

Banned User
    +1
    I do 22 lbs on both sides.....

The 12-13 suggestion, do they mean SLIP?

80 in/lbs SLIP on the ET127, you will burn it up in 10 seconds....Thats an 11psi wheel, so you should be at 1 ft/lbs for every PSI, plus another 2 for set in....so it should be set to 13 lbs, or 156 in/lbs (I'd do 160 inch to be safe).....

OEM says 60 because they assume you are using a stock wheel, which 60 is still too low...

5. +1 by:

+1
    13 ft lbs on the nut is not enough.
    You need to set slip at 13 ft lbs as Danny stated.
    In order for that to happen the nut will need to be set higher or the nut will un torque.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I do 22 lbs on both sides.....

The 12-13 suggestion, do they mean SLIP?

80 in/lbs SLIP on the ET127, you will burn it up in 10 seconds....Thats an 11psi wheel, so you should be at 1 ft/lbs for every PSI, plus another 2 for set in....so it should be set to 13 lbs, or 156 in/lbs (I'd do 160 inch to be safe).....

OEM says 60 because they assume you are using a stock wheel, which 60 is still too low...

correct sir...when i ran mine 12-13 lb slip but no more. 13 cold and will break in to about 11-11.5 when hot

+1
    And dont forget to locktite the nuts...I recommend a little dab of red for both nuts....And those 3 washers you were asking about.I never put them behind the Scer,they are used for a older housing with a certain serial number which i dont remember off the top of my head..

Thread Information