+1

Need help ski won't RPM over 5500

I am at a loss and can't seem to figure out what is wrong with my ski, I have a 2006 RXP and I have a EFR 6758 turbo on it. I had a close course race this weekend and on Saturday I had 2 races and the ski ran great and the RPM's were there around 8800 with the water being rough my rev limit is set at 9200. At the end of the day I just rode around a little bit before putting ski on the trailer and the ski would not RPM over 5500 I never felt anything different in the motor the motor sounds and feels fine there are no vibrations or anything that seems different, you can still here the turbo spool up. I have checked the intake grate and the pump to ensure that nothing was stuck in there, I have changed the plugs, I have checked the voltage of the battery to ensure that it had a good charge. I have checked the oil and there is no water in the oil. No codes have flashed, I had a friend that had a buds system there and we checked it out and nothing showed on the computer. I have had a different ECU put on the ski as it has been reflashed for the turbo and the injectors that I have put on the ski. I am going to check the compression tomorrow as I had to order new tester. Any one have any ideas of anything else that I can check?? Thanks

+1
    Sounds like a boost leak.
    If the motor checks out then I'd say that around 5-5500 rpm is a fast as that ski will go with no boost...
    Sometimes you spend more time chasing a problem with a turbo set up then actual ride time...
    Good luck!!!

Rip on...

+1
    Any water after the IC to TB.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Any water after the IC to TB.
    Will check that tonight, and post what I found. Thanks for the suggestion.

+1
    Also could it have anything to do with the a coil? Another question I have can anything ever happen to a ECU without a code tripping?? Since the ECU has been remapped, just curious if it could loose the map to it. Thanks again for all who have any helpful suggestions for me to check.

+1
    Anything can happen with "1's" and "0's"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogurt View Post
    Also could it have anything to do with the a coil? Another question I have can anything ever happen to a ECU without a code tripping?? Since the ECU has been remapped, just curious if it could loose the map to it. Thanks again for all who have any helpful suggestions for me to check.

+1
    Well I think I found my problem, the stock plastic intake manifold the back seam is ripped open closest to the hull all the way across, this has to be where all my boost was going. Right???

+1
    Yep you found your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogurt View Post
    Well I think I found my problem, the stock plastic intake manifold the back seam is ripped open closest to the hull all the way across, this has to be where all my boost was going. Right???

Thread Information