Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Seadoo RXT-X 260 goes into Reverse during Intelligent Braking

I have 2 Seadoo RXT-X 260 with the intelligent brake function. Year 2011

One of them during braking, reverts into turning on the reverse thrusters and causes the whole front end to take a nose dive underwater.. In rough conditions, I could swamp the ski..

At first the braking system will kick in, but then when ive slowed to a reasonable rate, it releases the braking system and just goes into reverse without me tapping the controls again, howevever this happens while the ski still has momentum moving forward underbraking..the whole nose literally goes diving down under the water..

Does anyone have a clue what this could be?

The other ski I have does not do this, and comes to a stop completely and requires another tap of the controls to put in reverse.

Thanks

No body has a clue huh

+1
    That sounds normal. Your other ski may have a problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rambino View Post
    One of them during braking, reverts into turning on the reverse thrusters and causes the whole front end to take a nose dive underwater.

CAPTAIN i would check with SCOTTY because the PROBLEM has to be when the reverse thrusters r igniting...hahahahahahaha.......BET!!!!!!

+1
    [QUOTE=REID2168;2180941]
    CAPTAIN i would check with SCOTTY because the PROBLEM has to be when the reverse thrusters r igniting...hahahahahahaha.......BET!!!!!!
    [/B]
    Hey Reid. I think there are some Klingons circling his anus too.

Its not a normal thing for the ski to go into reverse while braking at speed.. If yours does this, you may want to get you ski checked. Found out today its a bad IBR Actuator and has been a common issue. So if anyone else in the future has this problem, at least this post will help them find and answer. And thanks for trolling my post with Trek and anus comments regarding an actual issue.

+1
    I am glad you found the problem....
    but us mod freaks would have that ibs crap in the circular filing cabinet asap
    because if I had that gismo on my ski it would probably put me in the hospital
    Last edited by skidoochris; 06-06-2013 at 08:59 PM.

+1
    And thanks for trolling my post with Trek and anus comments regarding an actual issue.

ahhhhh LIL RAMBINO or is that LIL BAMBINO either way thats no problem..........bang the REVERSE THRUSTERS & i BET they save your A$$......theres a TREK & ANUS in one post....hahahahahahahaha.BET!!!!!

p.s. thanks for the IBR unpdate too!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    irritable braking syndrome? I've been on the GTR and I love the feature for a family run about ski. The damn thing hovers in one spot easily. never put it on my ski though. OPAS was dangerous enough. Can't imagine what this will do to you at 70mph+

Frankly I think it is fairly cool. I often toss it on just for the fun of it. Somewhere about 10 MPH you see the water roll of the bottom of the rub rail. If you stay on the brakes and stay on the throttle right after, the nose goes under water and things get wet real fast... Way fun. If you time it just right, the water rolls off of the water deflectors on the hood but you stay dry.

Don't bother trying going fast from the brakes to the throttle. The ECU has no idea what you really want to do so almost nothing entertaining happens.

Andy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information