2002 Polaris Virage / Freedom yellow & white

Hello, I have the virage 700 twin cylinder with single carb and I need some help hooking the fuel lines back up to the carb I replaced the carb and it was a while before I got the 2nd carb and have forgot where each of the hoses hook up there is 3 hoses besides the oil line and I need to know where each goes.

Thanks for any help,
    David

+1
    The 3 hoses are pulse line for the fuel pump, supply from tank and return to tank. The pulse line is the one that comes up from the crank case. The supply and return should be labeled where they enter the tank but the supply side should be the one that goes to the fuel select valve. The pulse line should have a fitting that points towards the back side of the hull.

If you could post a picture that would probably be the easiest way to help you out.

pulse line is is located directly on fuel pump pointing towards rear of ski..

Ok thanks for the info, I will try to get pictures of the carb but I need to know where each of those 3 lines hook to the carb which fitting, I'm pretty sure the return line hooks to the fitting towards the top of the carb but the fuel supply and the fuel pump fittings I'm confused on.

Thanks again,

Okay polarisjunky I think that's what I needed, that's where i was confused. Can you tell me what would happen if they were hooked up wrong other than not running could I have damaged something?

New question, which spark plugs should I be running in my 2002 polaris virage twin cyclinder single carburetor. I have NGK B8ES in it could that be causing it to bog after idle? I have replaced all the fuel lines and rebuilt the carb even bought 2nd carb off e-bay and it looks really clean but cleaned anyway with B-12 and air and the ski continues to bog shortly after it plains out? I'm not much of a machanic nor do I have the tolls to do a lot of the test I read on here? How do you test the fuel pressure?

Thanks in advance,

I finally figured my bogging problem out it was the pick up line in side the fuel tank where the clear hose hooked to the plastic tube it was leaking at the top of the tube even with a zip tie on it. Anyway back up and running now have to figure out what happened to the MFI.

I can't say thank you enough for the help for us non mechanics

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinker View Post
    I finally figured my bogging problem out. It was the pick up line inside the fuel tank where the clear hose hooked to the plastic tube.

It was leaking at the top of the tube even with a zip tie on it.

Anyway back up and running. now have to figure out what happened to the MFI.

I can't say thank you enough for the help for us non mechanics
    I do not encourage the use of plastic/nylon zip ties on fuel hose connections. They can degrade and loosen with age, vibration, heat.

I did not realize the 2002 carburetor models had a section of flexible fuel hose inside the fuel tank.

I can not say for certain that it was factory as I bought the ski used but it had very low hours when I bought it in 2006? But it did have a 3" piece of clear fuel hose at the very top and it has plastic/nylon zip ties all the way down holding the plastic fuel tube to the body which I assume is the fuel gauge?

Thread Information