MSX 150 Water Box

Well as some of you know, I screwed up and disconnected my exhaust water. Just pulled my water box off and there is debris inside of it. Does anybody know how these work or how to check if they are plugged?

I can fill it up with water from Turbo inlet and water slowly seeps out of exit that U shaped hose connects to. The water will drain back out of turbo inlet pretty good. I can almost get it empty, then all water stops and you can hear it splashing around. If I shake the crap out of it, all the water comes out.

Does anybody have the hose connector that goes betwen the turbo and water box. Mine is cooked in inside. Probably soem of that is what I am seeing in the water box?

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Have you checked with Zigler?

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Have you checked with Zigler? My guess is most boxes have the tube sticking thru maybe a 1/4". So there is a lip in there.

Who is Zigler? I can see a tube inside of it and it comes up toward the inlet with a lip if that is what you mean. I think they function as a muffelr with a core. the water surrounds the core which arrears to have a fine mesh. Thinking my water is not exiting the box properly.

+1
    John Zigler... at Watcon (dot com) / Rock County Jetski (RCJS). Good guy... very knowledgeable.

Cheers!

So is the small water injector into your exhaust part that is bolted directly to the turbo clogged or something? Or are you saying it seems the whole water box is clogged?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I have never seen a cross section of the MSX waterbox, but my understanding is that there are some internal baffles and the water + exhaust is routed through in a slightly complex path to maximize sound reduction without impeding exhaust flow or create much back pressure.

If you have debris trapped inside the waterbox, the easiest option might be to find another used one.

The guts of the muffler are essentially straight through with just a couple of chambers off to the top of the main exhaust flow path. The only real place where there is restriction and the potential for blockage would be at the 90 degree turn when the exhaust exits the muffler.

Inlet: Red arrow points to bottom of outlet pipe which protrudes perpendicular to exhaust gas flow. The cans inlet is also offset from main flow path and angled.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inlet.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	302969
    Outlet:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outlet.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	302970

Thanks for the pix. I wil make sure I am not restricted at the turn. If there is a problem, I will pick another one up and replace.

Thread Information