2 Restoration Projects

I have 2 Ski's that I am restoring for my friend and I. They were both running in 09 when Hurricane gustav dropped a tree limb causing mostly cosmetic damage. The 97 GS the whole front cover was broken and smashed, but that's about it. the 03 GTX S/C the handle bar assembly was broken. The Ski's have sat up ever since collecting dirt. Upon general inspections, the 03 is probably going to need a rebuild in the very least, I see lots of surface corrosion all over the place on the engine and S/C, but the oil and coolant is clean still. The 97 is what I am focusing on first, because everything seems very clean. When I plugged in a fresh battery, the machine Beeped. I plugged in the DESS and it beeped twice indicating that it was ready to start. I hit the start button and the engine turned over just fine, but would not fire. So I cleaned the carb, and changed the spark plugs, and when I went to connect the battery back up, I herd a half beep, and nothing. Plugged in the DESS, and nothing. I checked the fuses and found the 5 AMP Fuse blown, so I changed it, but still get nothing. I have done some research, and have ohm ed out the start stop switch, the beeper, and took the DESS post off of the other SKI and plugged it into this one just to eliminate that possibility. All of the Fuses are good, and the coil box in the back is dry with no corrosion. All connectors has a good amount of Di ele grease, and seemed to be making good contact. I am looking for some ideas as to what it could be. I am hoping that its not the computer itself, but ive done just about everything I have found on the internet to test. I have traced the voltage back to the computer, and have some weird findings that don't make much sense. If I disconnect the beeper, and plug in my volt meter. When I plug in the DESS I get a small voltage jump, When I hit the start button I get a small voltage jump, if I hit the start button 5 times, I get a voltage jump, which means the computer is working to some degree, but I get no (signal) voltage back to the starter solenoid...any ideas would be much appreciated =)

+1
    Post pictures. I'm looking forward to the restoration. Especially on the GTX SC. Love seeing things come back from the dead.

+1
    This project drop dead?

Thread Information