Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Will sea doo ever make a 300hp ski?

Hi Greenhulk,
    Does anyone think SeaDoo will ever make a 300hp ski although XT-X and XP-X look a lot better than the 300x and have better features i still am interested in the 300x because of the 40 more hp that the sea doo dosent have. I think people like me who are just getting into skis are more inclined to buy the 300x just because it has 40 more hp than the competition. Has anyone heard any rumors about sea doo ever making a 300hp ski? Because i would definetly wait for that or i have to choose between the RXT-X, RXP-X or 300X.
    Thanks

+1
    260hp is just about the safe max for only 91 octane fuel
    and a hyper ski IMO is not what BRP cares about
    bean counters want max sales not max HP

Quote Originally Posted by LiamPac70 View Post
    Hi Greenhulk,
    Does anyone think SeaDoo will ever make a 300hp ski although XT-X and XP-X look a lot better than the 300x and have better features i still am interested in the 300x because of the 40 more hp that the sea doo dosent have. I think people like me who are just getting into skis are more inclined to buy the 300x just because it has 40 more hp than the competition. Has anyone heard any rumors about sea doo ever making a 300hp ski? Because i would definetly wait for that or i have to choose between the RXT-X, RXP-X or 300X.
    Thanks
    Don't get caught up in hp numbers.....the 300 has a few faults....as does every other ski. I run a lightly modded '05 RXT...215 oem...maybe 225 now. Have yet to have a 300 blow me outa the water...for the most part it comes down to the driver.

+1
    USCG limits the skis to 69 mph which the 255 and 260 do with ease. Why build for more

+1
    meh, where other manufacturers put the money in the engine seadoo focuses their R&D money on the hull design. the 260 is a plenty fast ski, and with the hull it will keep up with a 300hp ski

Kawasakis look like bathtubs and are aerodynamic "bricks"

I was at the inlet last week and someone in the bathtub pulled up and wanted to drag. I have a GTR215 with only 4 hours on the clock so the ECU is still in breakin mode. I had him off the line and by no means was it a blow out. I kept up with him and then he finally pulled away, had my ski been broken in, he would have still won but i would have only been 2-3 ski lengths behind.

True story its more then the HP numbers. the 260's are insanely fast and with the right rider i can see it beating or atleast keeping up with the 300x

Not to mention, the 300 spends more time in the shop than it does on the water.

+1
    By buddy with a 300 won't even race me anymore...

+1
    haha i like that last post, kinda sums it up.

basically the sea doo and kawi have the same size engine, around 1500cc. the kawi pushes 40 more hp outta the engine making it work harder and in my opinion giving it a shorter life span.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    This is a prime example of why buyers need to actually ride these ski's vs making a decision based on reading a machines spec's!

The 300X is a barge. The SC on that ski pushes 17 lbs. stock... and the stock Doo's still keep up with them at only 10 lbs. Just a few simple mods to the Doo, and ------>> How much more boost can you add to a 300X and still keep it somewhat rec friendly??? The Kawasucki's are the worst selling ski on the market.... that should tell you something right there.

Just my 02..... test ride the Doo's & Yamaha's, and buy which ever one you prefer most.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    While im not trying to start anything because the seadoos do have their merits and the "Lamborghini" look they have taken has grown on me a lot, stock for stock the skis will be on par top end wise the 300 will out accelerate a 215 or 260 without question. To the best of my knowledge they both do around 74 delimited as well. As far as shop time goes its down to maintenance and care on a 300, if you keep it clean and keep up on standard maintenance its a reliable ski. I really like the riderlock stuff on the rxp though.

Sean

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information