Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

New Riva EJK Controller Advise/Help

I just picked up an EJK/EFI controller from www.electronicjetkit.com it is consider to be the newer style Riva controller, the one with 7 adjustments. I was wondering if anyone has any expierence with these controllers and can lead me to starting tunning numbers so i can go from there, with the following modifications I have on my ski. I know alot of these modifications will not affect my fuel but I will list them all:

2006 Yamaha GP1300R

Mods that where on the ski when I bought it:
    R&D 1200 Intake Grate
    D-Plate
    Pump Plug Kit

Performance Mods I installed:
    R&D Moddified Ride Plate (Old IR Mod 1 Plate) plate angle is around .75 ish
    Riva Trim Tabs
    Riva Free Flow Exhaust
    IR Hole Shot Kit
    Riva Power Filter
    Solas Trued and Balanced by IR Solas 14/20 Impeller
    Pro-Tec 20mm Steering Cone
    Adjustable Stock Sponsons
    Cowls opened up for more air

Other Mods I installed:
    IR Tunnel Reinforcement Kit
    Oil Block Off Kit
    Tiny Tach
    Rule 800 GPH Bilge
    Garmin Etrex Mariner GPS

Ride plate set up:
    1 washer in the front towards the bow @ .060 giving me and 1/8" lip from the pump shoe to ride plate.
    2 washers at .060 each in the back.
    Sponsons fully stepped.
    Still no shims in the trim tabs.

Any input and/or sugguestions will greatly help me. Thanks
    Last edited by BLACKandSILVER06GPR; 06-04-2013 at 08:28 PM.

+1
    Anyone?? I know there's very little information on here regarding these controllers. I'm sure someone's played with one.

+1
    I just installed one on my 06 and my setting are green 3 yellow 5.5 red 1.5 green blue .5 yellow blue 4 red blue 7 but I have 150 psi head and I think I need to play with it some more because it about doubled my fuel consumption I'm sure someone else will chime in on this.

+1
    From what I have read and understand you don't really need one unless you up the compression or key way so your green and yellow would be a little lower than mine

+1
    Hey thanks for your help. The main reason why I got one was because coming out of the hole if I hit it hard I would get a nasty bog sometimes. I figured that this was a lean bog since the motor was getting alot of air due to most of the modifications I added. I may down the road aka next winter mill the stock head.

+1
    I noticed mine did that after I put on the free flow tube but that was before controller and head and it dose not do it now so you might be on the right track. Jim at Jim's performance did my stock head did a great job fast turn over and pretty cheap it was around 100.00 with shipping

+1
    I hope I'm on the right track haha. Yeah I might send to either Jim or bring it to island racing there a few towns over from me. How did you start your tunning. Did you go off there base settings or start everything on .5 and go up from there?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post

powershot fuel addition amount settings

green value * * * * * * * * 4
    yellow value * * * * * * * * 5.5
    red value * * * * * * * * 3

powershot crossover position settings

green/blue value * * * * * * * * 0
    yellow/blue * * * * * * * * 4
    red/blue value * * * * * * * * 4

this the r&d chart for what they call both a stage one and a stage 2 gp1300r.
    The fuel addition portion is the same as the original controller, except it is more accurate in its adjustment as it uses led lights on a 1-9 scale, and is programmable in .5 increments. So instead of having only a 1-2 or 3 as a setting, you can use a 1.5- 2.5- 3.5 etc. Its a little more accurate and much easier to read.
    The crossover portion is different. You simply have a crossover that picks a rpm that turns on each of the 3 fuel addition settings.
    Using the 0 on the green led would turn on the fuel to that circuit immediately upon startup, or by raising the setting you could delay the addition of fuel to the rpm of your choice.
    I do not know how the correlation chart would be from the number on the crossover setting to the rpm it would activate at.
    The only setting on the chart that is off is the number 3 fuel addition setting which they reccomend at a 3.
    This is very rich for a non ported 1300. I ran my egt system to monitor temps and ended up using the lowest setting, which they would call a zero for the red wot led.
    My fuel addition settings i use on my non ported ski with all the bolt ons are
    green 5.0
    yellow 5.5
    red 0

my crossovers are set as they reccomend on the chart, and i really havent experimented with them much.
    On my egt gauge i had a 10-15 degree drop for every half point i dropped the red led. From their reccomended 3, to the zero i ended up at i went from 1010 degrees at the rich 3 setting, to 1065 degrees at the zero setting.
    I raised the midrange settings to cool the burn a little. The non ported 1300 runs very hot at 4000-4500, around 1220 degrees, and that was on their reccomended 4 setting, so a little extra fuel there took 20-30 degrees off it, and it has a killer holeshot for a non ported 1300.
    I have not used this on a ported 1300 so i have no info on that. Im sure the fuel addition settings would be higher, especially the red led, to maybe a 5 or 6.
    The best thing about this controller is, according to glen at r&d. It can be reprogrammed to add even more fuel if necessary with different software!
    Hope this helps everyone.
    Thanks, ross

+1
    From what I have read the powershot and ejk are the same so this is where I started my setting from off this post and adjusted from there. I looked up the base settings that ejk recommended and they are green 2 yellow 4 red 3.5 green blue 6 yellow blue 4 red blue 5.5 and I tried mine at the base and my ski didn't run very well and blurped a lot. I don't know if you have been on ejk web site but if you go there and go to tuning advice and scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a mock up of the controller and you can input numbers and gives you an ideal of the fuel curve and where modes change

+1
    Thanks alot. All that info deffinitly helps alot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information