Thread: My 95 SLT 750

My 95 SLT 750

Well i'm totally new to jet ski's and of course Polaris. I was just looking around on Craigslist one day and found this Jet ski 95 SLT 750 for CHEAP!! It turned over no problem so I bought it.. $300.. I knew it was gonna need some work as it sat for years.. It looked pretty good.. When I got it home I put some gas in it (premix to start off) put a battery in it and started it.. Believe it or not it fired right up.. I was excited.. The Haul had a small hole in it so I took it over to a friend of mine who fixes boat hauls for a living.. He fixed me right up.. So After registering it I took it out on the water for a small test run.. As far as I knew it ran good.. (remember this is my first one). So last weekend I took it to the lake on our camping trip. 5 Min in the water and the stator wires burned up. (BUMMER) that was the end of that.. Well I took it home and started doing research. (should have done that first I guess) Found that these things were well known for burning cylinders do to fuel pump. So I did a compression test. 2 out of 3 cylinders have 130lbs and 1 cylinder has 0. So now i'm debating on weather to rebuild that one cylinder and doing the stator or tearing it apart and parting it out..

Medina, Ohio, United States
    Totally up to you, but if you are going to keep it, and keep it running well, you really should do more than replace the piston and stator. There is a slew of fuel system upgrades including carb rebuilds that really should be done. Probably looking at $500-$700 in upgrades and repairs, if you do all the labor yourself. Once done, however, you should have a reliable solid running ski for years to come......

Thread Information