+1

New guy wants a ski

So, I have had boats most of my life. Currently just finished rebuilding a great Chris Craft Launch. I live 15 minutes from the lake, and would like a good Ski, or pair of them. I really do not want to buy someone else problems, so was thinking about something new. So general question for someone with knowledge of the brands. if you could, for reliability and fun, what would you buy? I've been looking at that new GTS x 155 for the Wife. she had back problems a few years back and thought that might help? and for myself, the bigger one, the 260. But I hear the Yamaha's make great reliable boats as well. Any suggestions?

+1
    Definitely Yamaha. I, personally like the VX Cruiser and the FX SHO. Also, I hate Canada.

+1
    I was asking pretty much the same thing less than a month ago. I ended up with a pair of Yamaha FX HOs.

But since your wife has the bad back and all, I have to point out that SOME SeaDoo models actually have suspension. Might be worth looking into.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Definitely Yamaha. I, personally like the VX Cruiser and the FX SHO. Also, I hate Canada.
    so Why do you recommend the Yamahas?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    I was asking pretty much the same thing less than a month ago. I ended up with a pair of Yamaha FX HOs.

But since your wife has the bad back and all, I have to point out that SOME SeaDoo models actually have suspension. Might be worth looking into.
    are you enjoying them? I have been on boats my whole life. normally just a friend with a ski. and those ore the days were the lake is a blast. but... not always do the join us.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    so Why do you recommend the Yamahas?
    Over the last 15 years, I've had BRP, Polaris and Yamaha and find reliability much more favorable with Yamaha. While BRP really is a good manufacturer, Yamaha really puts the edge on their product and I love their styling much better. Not to mention, there is a Yammy dealer on every corner in case you need warranty work, parts, service, etc. IMO, Yamaha is a much more solid company with a more grounded reputation. Don't get me wrong though, BRP makes a fine product.

+1
    What's wrong with Canada???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post

are you enjoying them? I have been on boats my whole life. normally just a friend with a ski. and those ore the days were the lake is a blast. but... not always do the join us.
    I didn't get the SeaDoos. I got Yamahas. After asking LOTS of questions on here and describing my situation, lots of the guys here gave their opinions and I ended up with a pair of Yamaha FX HOs. What I will point out is that in the beginning of my research, EVERYBODY said Yamaha. Reliability, uses lower octane (regular) gas which is more readily available at waterside refueling places, and--for us--the extra power of the FX over the VX models for the occasional trip to the Bahamas.

I brought up the SeaDoos because they are the only ones that have suspension which might be better for you wife's back.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    What's wrong with Canada???
    They segregated their bacon.

Thread Information