+1

What did I got myself into?

Found 2001 seadoo xp at good deal that I couldn't pass so went for it. Paid 1500 for it. Runs great and rev over 8000 rpm easy I haven't lake test it was late last night. Lots of nice upgrade like high performance carbs, fuel lines and few more. The bad is used to be silver and the kid rattled black paint all over on top half to make all black even paint over the bottom sides seadoo decal plus several other of stickers. Bottom hull has a truck spray bedliner.
    Today I was working on it, run compression test it run 120/123 and noticed heavy smoke came out of the hull where engine area so I look at it and there leaking on exhaust I couldn't find where it come from it but look like there leaking from clamp area where between two piece pipe. The caurbs replaced last month and look like did not installed exhaust back in correct and is there supposed to be some kind of seal or? it look like doesn't have one.

And the engine is goldish color all over instead of the silver like supposed to be... Is it not good sign? My thought its from exhaust leaking cause the engine to to discolor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130605_085304.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	302860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130605_084323.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	302861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130605_084304.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	302862  

+1
    You might want to try to tighten up that exhaust clamp where you say it's leaking. If tightening it up doesn't work, then take the clamp off and seperate the two parts of the pipe. Make sure the sealing ring is there. Click on this link and look at part #38: http://www.powersedge.com/pages/OemP...fler/5785/8171

It even says that you should use some sealant on that ring. I fought with my sealing rings on my 1996 XPs. I put some high temp, Ultra Black silicone on them and got them to seal 100%.

By the way, reving it on the trailer and not in the water really won't prove much. You've got to have the motor under load. At least the compression checks pretty even between the two cylinders. Thats good.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyual777 View Post
    You might want to try to tighten up that exhaust clamp where you say it's leaking. If tightening it up doesn't work, then take the clamp off and seperate the two parts of the pipe. Make sure the sealing ring is there. Click on this link and look at part #38: http://www.powersedge.com/pages/OemP...fler/5785/8171

It even says that you should use some sealant on that ring. I fought with my sealing rings on my 1996 XPs. I put some high temp, Ultra Black silicone on them and got them to seal 100%.

By the way, reving it on the trailer and not in the water really won't prove much. You've got to have the motor under load. At least the compression checks pretty even between the two cylinders. Thats good.
    Tight the clamp... Much better but still very little, I suspect the o ring are missing.

+1
    Took her out on the lake today and wow just wow... Very impressive powerful I felt like rode on the rocket acutely jumped in the air after doing 180 turn. I am happy with it now, well 1500 spent!

Thread Information