Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Avoiding a NWZ to Gros'

Mudbugging this weekend? See the link - http://goo.gl/maps/ZTjk0 Nothing guaranteed or warranted here, just some unofficial FYI of how to GET TO Gros Marin FROM the Amelia Boat Ramp.

Be sure to zoom in on the map and note that all the red is a possible NWZ. Obviously that includes all the ICW in either direction of the Amelia Ramp, but I really don't know if that industrial/commercial area is being policed - so I urge caution. Other than that, a quick study will show that it's possible to blow and go all the way until you reach the camps on 4 Mile By. just south of Gros'.

Additionally, I've showed the infamous "Sugar Cane" ride that I don't recommend anyone do, but to each their own...

Questions?

PS: Obviously there is a lot more areas to ride around MC. I refer you to the LA Page of my site in sig. below. I also highly recommend making the trip north to the Lake Maurepas/Blind/Amite system - great riding area w/great food and fuel on the water, 75 miles or so of loop w/every kind of riding you'd want and no out of the ordinary NWZs! Some folks are hitting it on their way in to town... just some FYI...
    Last edited by 83Gator; 06-05-2013 at 12:15 PM.

+1
    Why do you not recommend the Sugar Cane ride? Ive tried to go on it twice and both times we got rained out.

+1
    Sweet. You the man, Billy Bob!

+1
    Going a little off topic, but I think we need to consider doing away with the MB in June. I know after we had the first Fall MB, Jerry had suggested we start having it in the Fall, but several of us said lets do them all. Spring, Traditional MB in June and Fall MB. I do not want to do away with Spring MB, but this stuff with the NWZ happens toooo often. Sorry to all those people who will be there this weekend, but as much as I do like to ride nontraditional areas, it is not what I want to do the whole time I am there. Neither is idling around to get to all of the hangout places. So, have fun everyone and lets think about doing away with June MB.

+1
    Fall Mudbug was great! ... all 8 of us.

6. +1 by:

WFO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Why do you not recommend the Sugar Cane ride? Ive tried to go on it twice and both times we got rained out.
    Oh, that's just pessimistic me... Well for starters, not that I wouldn't go, but I'm not allowed to take the wife back there after our "ramp" off the 8 foot gator. But that canal was just filthy w/gators that day... Second, there is another leg off that route I didn't show, but that's where a friend had a really nasty accident (PWC + stump = Damage/Ejection).

+1
    Fall Mudbug was great! ... all 8 of us.
    The first fall MB had a few more than 8. lol

+1
    We will miss you and your wife this weekend for sure Troy! Not to mention my wifes ski was ready to crack your RXP-X's ass...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Oh, that's just pessimistic me... Well for starters, not that I wouldn't go, but I'm not allowed to take the wife back there after our "ramp" off the 8 foot gator. But that canal was just filthy w/gators that day...
    I'm in! I want to ramp a gator. I've bumped one while at idle with my ski, but they always go down about 15 feet before you can ramp them.

+1
    The 1st fall MB had more than 8 people for sure....I talked to Jerry several times about moving MB to the fall, but a big reason for not is " the kids are out of school" and "not as many people will make it". And I would have to agree, but I am down for sept-oct MB...just give me the date

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information