Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

No more June Mudbug?

Wanted to put this out there to see what other people think.

I think we need to consider doing away with the MB in June. I know after we had the first Fall MB, Jerry had suggested we start having it in the Fall, but several of us said lets do them all. Spring, Traditional MB in June and Fall MB. I do not want to do away with Spring MB, but this stuff with the NWZ happens toooo often. Sorry to all those people who will be there this weekend, but as much as I do like to ride nontraditional areas, it is not what I want to do the whole time I am there. Neither is idling around to get to all of the hangout places or on most of the traditional rides. So, have fun everyone that will be there this weekend and lets think about doing away with June MB.
    Last edited by troyheb; 06-06-2013 at 12:40 AM.

+1
    Doesn't the weed and lillies get worse the farther into summer you go? Lillies are worse than a NWZ! I don't care when it is scheduled but summer will be best for most people. In order to get attendance back up you HAVE to add some competition back into it by bringing back the radar runs or something! I love riding the area and will go either way but attendance has plummeted since the radar runs were eliminated.

Plus we were almost totally rained out in September... I guess its a crap shoot whenever it is scheduled.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Wanted to put this out there to see what other people think.

I think we need to consider doing away with the MB in June. So, have fun everyone that will be there this weekend and lets think about doing away with June MB.
    Since you asked... Sounds like you did just that, you cancelled it...for yourself. Everyone else can make their own decision.

+1
    [QUOTE=Sea-Donkey;2180222]
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Since you asked... Sounds like you did just that, you cancelled it...for yourself. Everyone else can make their own decision.
    Have you even been to MB? Have you ever been to Morgan City to ride?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Troy as I mentioned in the other thread, the out of town guys are the ones that suffer here. Over the years when we had 200 + skis running around these bayous and having people from all over the country, they are the ones not coming down and I can see why. To schedule a full vacation to have I cancelled at the last minute and they can't change their plans and have wasted their vacation time from work. All the wrenching going on in the parking lot. To see I grow to what it did and now just a few regional guys that we can get together any weekend is not the same mudbug we used to have. I would love to see it back to that again and to continue to grow. To have 300 or 400 skis here would be something. The hydro drags will also need to be looked at when scheduling since primarily most of the Florida members that come are participating in that series so they are not coming. Yes this would all be Jerry's call but I would at least like to see this looked into for possibilities. I know that people can trickle in here for their smaller ride weekends but that is not the same and the people that were not here in those days don't realize what they are missing. All the custom skis and the wealth of knowledge and just hanging out with the people that are the screen name we see daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Those days while yes we rode were not about only riding. It was the total experience. This is why they are not understanding the importance of the waterways to Gros and the Monkey being unrestricted.
    Very well said, my friend.

I started this in the hope that we can figure out a way to get MB back to the way it used to be. My wife and I only got to enjoy a couple of really big MB's in 2009 & 2010. We still enjoy riding there when we come to ride at other times, but the old MB's were the sh$t. I for one would like to see it get back to that a least once a year.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Ive got to have a Daiquiri from the monkey and eat at GROS that all it is too it!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Doesn't the weed and lillies get worse the farther into summer you go? Lillies are worse than a NWZ! I don't care when it is scheduled but summer will be best for most people. In order to get attendance back up you HAVE to add some competition back into it by bringing back the radar runs or something! I love riding the area and will go either way but attendance has plummeted since the radar runs were eliminated.

Plus we were almost totally rained out in September... I guess its a crap shoot whenever it is scheduled.
    You make some really good points. I think bringing back some sort of competition might be the ticket. Maybe have a stop for the Hydrodrags would be it?
    Since Greenhulk is now the Title sponsor, that seems like it would be a perfect fit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by starter99 View Post
    Ive got to have a Daiquiri from the monkey and eat at GROS that all it is too it!!!
    The Monkey is definately one of THE places to go. I could do without the daiquiri, but hanging out at Gros is the bomb. In 2009 I stoped counting at 125 skis, at Gros for lunch.

+1
    I'm no racer or wrencher, but I'd got to a local H-drag. Just curious, other than the IC at Flat Lake or the Palourde's shore near Lake End Park, is there another place to do this?

That aside, we live in a very dynamic place down here:
    January through mid-April - good water levels, cold air &/or water.
    Mid-April through mid-June - chances of uncontrolled high water.
    Mid-June through September - damn hot weather, good water levels, but a chance of uncontrolled veggie growth.
    Up until December, the water is more stable, the veggies can still be a problem, and who knows what "named storm" may take a stroll through the area.

Yep, dynamic situation alright... You guys throw a dart at the calendar and I'll just do my best to show up.

+1
    Two things killed MudBug: 1) No more radar runs and 2) Multiple MudBugs. People used to all commit to the once a year date. Now people pick n chose what dates may or may not want to attend. The original Mud Bug date was set for 2nd weekend in June because people wanted the coolest weather possible while having to wait for people's kids to get out of school.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information