Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,069
    +1
    790

    Athena Help needed at Mud bug for me to ride?

    Guys I just tested my ski and I am in need of a fueling adjustment bad. I have not yet adjust the fuel on the athena, so I am hesitant to do it as to not Blow shit.

    Anyway. I need help. Called Rob and no return call yet. gonna try again now.

    STAGE 4 map
    idle to 6000rpm's mid to high 13's. So 13.5-13.9 flash of 14.

    6000r's 13.9
    6500 12.8
    7000 12.9
    7500 11.3
    8000 11.1
    8500 High 13's
    9000 3/4 thrttle high 13's to 14's.

    SO Im gonna need a little fueling help so I can actualy run it and try and get it closer.
    I think Im gonna pitch my 13/19 to a 13/21 as Im higher than there 8800 prop suggustion.

    Any help would be nice.

    Thank you guys very much as I leave for MB tomorrow at 3pm. So need help so I can ride it there.


  2. #2
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    if it were me and i dont have an Athena but i would first bend the prop as u intend to do to get Rivas target rpm for said stage 4 map.........then to look at your AF readings u could add 3 psi fuel along with bending the prop and run it again then ck your AF readings and see if the entire rpm range doesnt richen up just a tad as u really r only close at 6500 to 8000 IMO......IF this helps i would continue until the BULK of the map is correct send that run to Riva/Rob and it should be easier to take fuel away from 6500 to 8000 then add it to the entire map.....IF its just a download he should have it ready even if u just get to MB and all u have to do is load it if it wasnt today...ALL this pending you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator i would try those two things first......... prop and additional psi fuel pressure to whatever u have currently to get the entire map richened up and worry about taking fuel away from where it will go FAT later when Rob sees the runs/data logs....dont go out and blow it up and GOOD LUCK............PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,069
    +1
    790
    Steve I agree, that was my thinking, but dont want to go 8hours to not ride.
    I will never say I know how to tune these new ECU's. But I am learning.

  4. #4
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,069
    +1
    790
    If anybody knows how to adjust the fuel table correctly on the maps. Please send me a pm. If you can help. I will be riding with the LM-2 hooked up, so I can read and adjust.
    NO I do not have a logger. BUT I am being real safe with the LM-2 and my numbers.

  5. #5
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,069
    +1
    790
    I hope I get this thing set as this Athena Is now gonna rock and roll. It pulled so dam hard today my arms got longer.

    BUT IM leaner than a anorexic chic on a diet.

  6. #6
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,069
    +1
    790
    Well I guess IM not gonna go to MB! I know it is as simple as adjust the fuel map, but if I do not know how to do it. then I cant do it to make a safe rideable map.
    I was supposed to leave at 5 today to ride tomorrow.

  7. #7
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Well I guess IM not gonna go to MB! I know it is as simple as adjust the fuel map, but if I do not know how to do it. then I cant do it to make a safe rideable map.
    I was supposed to leave at 5 today to ride tomorrow.
    Austin, Can't riva remote in to your pc and do this for you?

  8. #8
    Boost-A-Holic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,173
    +1
    94
    If you threw a CMD + autotune set up on top of your Athena it would take care of all your fueling. Im running the CMD on top of a Riva ECU because im running 80s instead of the recommended 50s. Im sure you could get the fueling right with your existing set up its just nice knowing that your tune is always perfect with auto-tune and if your tune goes off the slightest bit it will correct for you on the fly. Super convenient i love it.

    Does the Athena have a map you can go into and physically adjust the cells? If so just add some fuel across the board in small increments at a time and test on the water. If your running a RRFPR maybe bump up your base pressure a bit to get it closer. Its better to be a lil rich than any bit of lean lol.

    P.S.- i might be bringin my ski down to San Antonio to ride with some friends if your still having issues i wouldnt mind tryin to help you figure it out. Ive gotten pretty good at tuning with the CMD and adjusting fuel maps so im sure it couldn't be that much more difficult.

  9. #9
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    If you threw a CMD + autotune set up on top of your Athena it would take care of all your fueling. Im running the CMD on top of a Riva ECU because im running 80s instead of the recommended 50s. Im sure you could get the fueling right with your existing set up its just nice knowing that your tune is always perfect with auto-tune and if your tune goes off the slightest bit it will correct for you on the fly. Super convenient i love it.

    Does the Athena have a map you can go into and physically adjust the cells? If so just add some fuel across the board in small increments at a time and test on the water. If your running a RRFPR maybe bump up your base pressure a bit to get it closer.
    Yes it does, it's a fully programmable ecu.

  10. #10
    Boost-A-Holic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,173
    +1
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    If you threw a CMD + autotune set up on top of your Athena it would take care of all your fueling. Im running the CMD on top of a Riva ECU because im running 80s instead of the recommended 50s. Im sure you could get the fueling right with your existing set up its just nice knowing that your tune is always perfect with auto-tune and if your tune goes off the slightest bit it will correct for you on the fly. Super convenient i love it.

    Does the Athena have a map you can go into and physically adjust the cells? If so just add some fuel across the board in small increments at a time and test on the water. If your running a RRFPR maybe bump up your base pressure a bit to get it closer.
    Yes it does, it's a fully programmable ecu.
    Nice....i wouldn't know my way around the entire system but give me a fuel pressure map and im good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fx-sho at mud bug
    By onebadsho in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 11:05 PM
  2. Whats around for my parents to do at Mud bug?
    By Water4fire in forum Mudbug Nationals PWC.Life Rally
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
  3. Whats needed for me to run a Rude SC?
    By Gus13letter in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 02:11 PM
  4. Skis sink at Mud Bug
    By NCHeel in forum Mudbug Nationals PWC.Life Rally
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 05:53 AM
  5. Older Skis At Mud Bug
    By BULLRAIDER in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •