Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Carb Question,,,,,,,(try saying that 3 times real fast)

Hey bought a set of stock 1200npv carbs on ebay and got 1200pv carbs. My question is can i still use them and if so what could i expect out of it. By the way this will be a fully ported motor bored 40 over with compression around 150-160.

+1
    I do not know anybody that has tried it you would need to make a modified manifold to adapt them the bolt spacing is different on the carbs. I wish I had an extra set of GP carbs I would trade you for them I am in need of a stock set of PV carbs. I have sold off two sets of BlackJack carbs for the 65U this year they are sweet. I am running 150 psi on mine with stock carbs no chokes no injection I am running 1.5 needle and seats Black spring 38 popoff 100 pilots across the board and 135 mains This is just a tad rich but I like it like that.

I havent even looked at the bolt spaceing. I do have a set of 1100 carbs. I wonder if the carb racks are similar....im going to have to go look into that in the morning. Im still burning both ends of the candle trying to get all this port work done. It takes like forever with 3 cylinders Im also wondering how the boost pump on the r's will affect the npv motor.

+1
    spacing between the cylinders is different also most of the GPR guys pull the accelerators off they do not even connect to all three carbs only go to two they were an emissions solution that Yamaha added to work with the Cat which is about the first thing to get yanked on a PV motor.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I can measure the spacing on my carbs. Never heard of someone running or wanting to run the I bodies unless they had to. they are bigger than 44mm though

My gut feeling would be to send them back and get what you paid for. carbs off any npv 1200 with the reeds and intake manifold bolt right up to the 1100 motor and are *probably* a better choice.

here's my story.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=carbs+raider

Whats the deal with the booster pump. How did that work in conjunction with the cat to give better emissions.... why not hook up to all three carbs? Does this not do nothing more than give a burst of fuel during throttle acceleration? Would seem like this may give you a slight rich sputter during takeoff.. although the bigger carb bodys will also deliver more air into the smaller 1200nopv motor? or am i totaly hopeless with this setup?

+1
    I think the premise behind the accelerator pump was they could run smaller jetting and still not give up the entire bottom end why only two instead of three is beyond me the non US versions had all three and no cat.

I would not call you Hopeless I prefer the term "Pioneer"

Hehhehe thanks Bill this realls is going to be a frankinbeast. I got 1100 raider with 1200npv cases,crank,cylinders,heads. 1100 exaust,cdi,intake manifold,reeds,and starter. with a 1200pv I body carbs. MAY NOT RUN. I do plan on modifying the exaust to try and bring down the temps. And im still looking for a cdi. but i think i can make the rest work. We will see.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    jdog,

post on the oldschool side. most of the raider guys pay more attention there.

I personally would avoid the I body carbs. They are more expensive, in every way and i have not really heard that much good about them. Just realize thet I personally have not dealt with them. I do like the way Bill put it-pioneer- but i franky don't think they are worth the headache.

pretty much everything on the 11 and 1200's are interchangeable. I also think that the 99 gp1200's came with the 1100 stinger, so you don't have to worry about the exhaust. just find a 1200 cdi and flywheel and wire it into your 1100 box. . . unless you don't have any electronics.

keep your eyes peeled for an intake off a 1200 npv. I got mine for around $300 in prestine condition. airbox to reeds. I then sold my 1100 set up for 350 on ebay.

+1
    Here is a link to some carbs that will work.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19941

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information