Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RIVA Gen 2 Power Cooler intercooler on stock supercharger wheel?

Any thoughts on gains from the Riva intercooler on a stock supercharger. I'm planning on upgrading my supercharger wheel to a C1 or C3 (cannot decide) this fall when the riding season is over. In the mean time I was thinking of throwing on the riva power cooler, because I know I'll want it regardless. Would I see any power gains that would throw off my current setup? I've been running a tach finally this year for tuning my prop and have noticed the variability of my peak engine RPM's with weather changes.

go with a C3 the C1 is hardly a worthwhile upgrade from stock imo.to answer your question with the stock wheel and intercooler your gonna be a bit leaner than you where before overall and youll get approx 1-1.5mph.i did the cooling kit afterwards and didnt notice any measurable speed increase.

+1
    Get the IC so your ready when you do upgrade the wheel. You will gain 2mph from a IC upgrade with your stock wheel.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    go with a C3 the C1 is hardly a worthwhile upgrade from stock imo.to answer your question with the stock wheel and intercooler your gonna be a bit leaner than you where before overall and youll get approx 1-1.5mph.i did the cooling kit afterwards and didnt notice any measurable speed increase.
    I disagree with your comment about the C1 not being a worthwhile upgrade from the stock wheel. It's 2mph faster top end and adds a considerable amount of acceleration vs the stock wheel. And since it makes less boost than the C3 wheel and weighs less than the C3 wheel, it puts less stress on the clutch making it more reliable IMO. C1 with an IC, R3 tune, prop, ride plate, and other basic supporting mods will do 78+mph on an FZR. Great recreational setup that you can beat on day in and day out and not have to worry about. Exact setup that SpeedJunky runs and is great.
    Last edited by pwc4life; 06-07-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: edited for clarification

6. +1 by:

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    If your up for it, C3 wheel.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    I disagree with your comment about the C1 not being a worthwhile upgrade from the stock wheel. It's 2mph faster top end and adds a considerable amount of acceleration vs stock. And since it makes less boost than the C3 and weighs less, it puts less stress on the clutch making it more reliable IMO. C1 with an IC, R3 tune, prop, ride plate, and other basic supporting mods will do 78+mph on an FZR. Great recreational setup that you can beat on day in and day out and not have to worry about. Exact setup that SpeedJunky runs and is great.

The C1 is heavier than stock wheel......it puts more strain on clutch and shaft......ET wheels are the lightest and better than any C wheel

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I would do a B1 before a C1 anyways.......and if you want C3 boost do a Low boost wheel 14psi @8500

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    I would do a B1 before a C1 anyways.......and if you want C3 boost do a Low boost wheel 14psi @8500
    I wouldnt do a B1. But the LB kinda depends on whether the OP wants to mess with a RRFPR and a wideband or not.

11. +1 by:

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I wouldnt do a B1. But the LB kinda depends on whether the OP wants to mess with a RRFPR and a wideband or not.

Why not? The vortech wheel looks like better quality......I had a C1 and a C3 and they looked like swiss cheese with all the holes they put in it to get it balance.....I have this Low boost wheel and its very light and don't have a bunch of holes in it.....I counted 3 to like 15 on the C wheel.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    I disagree with your comment about the C1 not being a worthwhile upgrade from the stock wheel. It's 2mph faster top end and adds a considerable amount of acceleration vs stock. And since it makes less boost than the C3 and weighs less, it puts less stress on the clutch making it more reliable IMO. C1 with an IC, R3 tune, prop, ride plate, and other basic supporting mods will do 78+mph on an FZR. Great recreational setup that you can beat on day in and day out and not have to worry about. Exact setup that SpeedJunky runs and is great.

The C1 is heavier than stock wheel......it puts more strain on clutch and shaft......ET wheels are the lightest and better than any C wheel
    Reread my post. When I was talking about weight I was comparing the C1 to the C3 wheel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information