Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Kawasaki 250x SC maintenance

So I walked into the Kawasaki dealer today, asking about the Super Charger routine maintenance. They said it requires nothing, but I'm reading some people get the belt replaced at 100hrs? Does this mean I need to get the belt done (650$) every 100hrs? I am thinking about selling my GP1200R for one of these. I'm looking at some around the 4K mark. Will it be more fuel efficient than my GPR?

+1
    100 hours is the required maintenance schedule for it to be replaced.
    In future, don't take you ski to get fixed there. They seem like they don't know anything.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    the belt at most should cost your 50 bucks to replace if you do it yourself. the FAQ on how to do it in an under an hour is on the site. the belt is a wear item just like on a car its going to need to replaced as it wears. you can prolong belt life by keeping the proper tension on it.

as far as maintenance you need to check the oil level in the charger and fog it when its being put away for the winter.
    you might as well and go ahead and update the pump to 2010 specs. this will save you a motor in the long run (trust me on this)

and last but not least take the slo key and put it somewhere safe. if you lose both keys you need to buy new keys and an ECU (600 bucks roughly)

aside from that the normal things like checking oil level and keeping it maintained, using the proper plugs and using anti seize on the threads and checking for the GIO issues which is a common and well documented issue)

to be honest.... i'd save your money and buy a 2010 or newer ski and save yourself the headaches of having to do all the updates.

will it be more fuel efficient than your GPR.... hard to say depends on how you ride it. it does have 20+/- gallon tank. if your not constantly under higher boost pressures and cruising around you can probably get 2-2.5 hours on a tank if your riding it WOT most of the time you can blow through a tank in under an hour and a half

+1
    I was thinking if I keep it stock, and don't ride it into the ground it would be okay as is?? Keep in mind this will be my ski for 1 summer, then I will be selling and upgrading. If I can replace the belt myself it would be great. Wasn't planning on it, they more sell motorcycles and I was taking a look at a 300x they had. Gas mileage sounds like what I was expecting. I'm not planning to be always in the boost.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    why not just ride what you have now for the season and get what you want next season? your never gonna get back what you bought it for when you sell it.

+1
    Easy to save fuel, and have a 3 seater this summer. I like to change them around

+1
    I have 215 hours on mine. I have changed the belt myself not real hard. Ya it cost around 50$. U don't need to change it unless it needs it. One belt broke and the last belt was wearing but I ride ocean a lot a friend has one always ridden on river and lake and his is original at 175 hours It's a great ski. I finally upgraded my pump but it didn't need it. I did it cause it was recommended by guys on the forum. Plus I wanted a trouble free ride year. My ski has been great. The 300 is bad ass my buddy pulls on me and I have a few things don't to mine.

+1
    That just sold me on a Kawasaki. I will probably buy a 250x next month.

+1
    I've got 195 hours on my '07 and original belt. I don't think there is a set interval on replacing at least in the manual. It just says to inspect adjust every 25 hours which I've done.

+1
    Sick. Anyone want to buy a nice GP1200R

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information