Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Connect-A-Dock PWC Port

Anyone have any experiance with the Connect-A-Dock PWC Ports? I just purchased one at the end of last season so I could have it for this summer. I purchased the whole 2000 series boat dock and PWC dock. I must say everything installed like a dream. I never had it so good, every year for the last 20+ years ive fought with the pressure treated wooden dock. This new unit was incredible I never even had to get in the cold @#[email protected] water. Not to mention not having to wade in the mud soaked bottom. It only took 30 min to install 24" of dock and the PWC port. I'm thinking next year I can cut that time in half now that I know what i'm doing. I went to take my PWC of the port for the first time yesterday. The video shows the person standin on the front of the dock pushing the watercraft back far enough to were you can get on the seat and yank the PWC back to roll into the water. Well to my disapointment it didn't go that way. I tried pushing my FX Cruiser SHO back and it wouldn't budge??? So I had my wife get on the seat and yank back while I pushed, still Nothing! I finally had to get a 2x6 after breaking a 2x4 trying to pry the unit back. It went back enough to get it to roll off once I got the 2x^ on it but I can't see doing that every time I take it out. Does anyone have any sugestions? I'm going to drive over to the dealers tommorow and see if they can send a rep out to check it out. It was a large investment of $6K so I had hoped it would work as advertised. If anyone has any input please advise me

+1
    Can you post up some photos of your installation?
    preferably from several different angles...

Sorry Im editing a double post.
    Last edited by Gene68; 06-10-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Double post

YoYamma I will get some pics as soon as this rain stops, it may be a couple days. I spoke with the dealer today and he tried to talk me into rigging up a block and tackle setup to pull the machine off the port. I finally got him to agree that wasn't the correct way or the way the dock was intended to be used. He proceeded to get the toll free number from the pamphlet and told me to call the company and let them know of my problem. My reply was the dealer should be the one calling being he's the one that sold me the docks. So he agreed and proceeds to dial the number, gets them on the phone and says this is Mike from Riverview I have a customer that is having a problem with getting his PWC to come off your dock system and he hands me the phone to explain the issue. The guy from Connect-A-Dock's name was Mike also. So I explain to him my issue and ask if there is any adjustments that can be made. He says the rollers are not adjustable but they have a shim kit they can sell me for around $100 that might work. He also says they have Had other customers with big machines that have had the rollers machined down to get them to work correctly, again at my cost????? So after I told him I didn't feel comfortable modifying the rollers and felt I should Not have to redesign their product to work with my machine. The video they have shows the consumer being able to push the machine right off and it states this unit will work with 1 2 or 3 person PWC's up to 1500 .lbs. It said nothing about not working with bigger machines. So Mike from Connect-A-Dock says well if you don't want to try and modify the unit it sounds like you need the Bigger unit we just came out with but I would have to eat the $2000 I spent on the first one and purchase the newer version. I asked if he was kidding and he laughed at me which is really poor business but I was getting the feeling my $6k++ of business was a joke to him. When I told him that wasn't happing and I Did not want the original unit that doesn't work as advertised he got frustrated and told me he would have a local rep get back to Mike at Riverview so I agreed and hung up. After explaining all this to the Mike I bought it from he said no way. He said he would call his supplier and have the original unit sent back and order the bigger new style unit if I was willing to pick up any difference in cost which was about $150, I agreed and went home. Imagine how excited I was when I seen Riverview's number come up on my caller I.D a few hrs later. Well boy was I disappointed when he told me he couldn't get any of his suppliers to take it back but he ordered a shim kit that he would give me at his cost of around $75. I wasn't happy but felt I had no other Options. So now I'm waiting for this shim kit. I can't believe the lack of customer service from both Connect-A-Dock and River view. What is this world coming to??? Again if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. $6K++ is alot of money to shell out. I thought the service would be better. All I can say is buyer beware if you have a bigger machine go with an adjustable roller system like EZ-Dock has.

Here are some pics of my installation. I rigged up the stop on the front to make it easier to get off the port when the machine is in the full front. position its impossible to move without a 2x6 or pipe as a prying tool. The rear of the PWC is partially in the water and its still a bear to get off the port. Its actually only resting on one set of rollers in this position but its easier to get the PWC off this way. Other than purchasing a 12volt actuator ram and mounting it to the port I don't know what to do? YoYamma let me know if there is anything in particular you want a pic of and ill get it up here. I am going to contact the Attorney General do to the fact the company doesn't want to do anything to help, their to busy counting my money
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC INSTALLATION.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	303617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC REAR.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	303618   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC  FRNT ROLLER.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	303619  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is this dock model simply too small for the hull you have?

+1
    The reason it isn't sliding off easily is because your hull contour isn't letting it sit on the rollers properly. Address that issue and your ski will roll on and off like a charm. You may need a roller just a tad larger in diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    The reason it isn't sliding off easily is because your hull contour isn't letting it sit on the rollers properly. Address that issue and your ski will roll on and off like a charm. You may need a roller just a tad larger in diameter.
    CCW, can u b more Specific? What should I b looking For? Wish I bought an EZ-dock system. They have the rollers set up on the flat and are fully adjustable incase of an issue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Is this dock model simply too small for the hull you have?
    This was the unit the dealer from the marina recomended. The specs say it will work with 2-3 person Pwc's up to 1550.lbs Mine is 1001.lbs with a full tank of fuel.

+1
    I am assuming the rollers are not adjustable?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information