Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEED HELP!... Polaris sl900 runs perfect out of water, boggy on water!! Help!?

Simply, the ski runs fine on the trailer.. Even when I have water running threw it, put it in the water. Give it a little accelerator. It's fine. Try to up It and it Boggs and won't go any where??.., then some times it will just go and be completely fine??

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

There is another member with an SL900 that had similar problems. Have a look at that thread.

See my signature links for common maintenance items and problems.

Check cylinder compression.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome

There is another member with an SL900 that had similar problems. Have a look at that thread.

See my signature links for common maintenance items and problems.

Check cylinder compression.

Yeah, we'll I just replaced the spark pluges and it seems to be running a lot better out of water. I have yet to run it in water but it seems to be a lot better. Where is the link to this thread?

+1

Took it out today, still bogging has new pluges fresh fuel and good oil, sounds like it wants to go but don't, revs fine on trailer, bogs in water.. WHAT DO I DO!!??

+1
    Did you do anything to the carbs? Read the whole thread K447 mentioned, you'll find the list of things to do/check.

Quote Originally Posted by loonatik View Post
    Did you do anything to the carbs? Read the whole thread K447 mentioned, you'll find the list of things to do/check.
    Well no, because it was riding sweet the other day then it just bogged on and go no where and shit.. Where is the wire to disconnect for the mfd.. Think that might be the case. Feels and sounds like that. When out of water revs very freely as soon as in water gose slow as and boggy. But feels like it wanted but feels restricted. I have no idea what to do. It's very smokey tho. Maybe the self mix is adding to much oil? That would cause it too be boggy?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenton5 View Post
    ...Where is the wire to disconnect for the mfd..
    Best place to disconnect it for checking would be in the back of it. Pry it out from handle bar pad and unplug it.

... That would cause it too be boggy?
    Blown piston, low compression, one cylinder is not firing, not enough fuel, too much fuel, fuel pump not pumping, bad gas, fuel line clogged up, fuel line leaks, carb circuits clogged up, etc ... not including electrical problems.

... was riding sweet the other day then it just bogged on and go no where ...
    Check compressions

...Where is the wire to disconnect for the mfd..
    Best place to disconnect it for checking would be in the back of it. Pry it out from handle bar pad and unplug it.

... That would cause it too be boggy?
    Blown piston, low compression, one cylinder is not firing, not enough fuel, too much fuel, fuel pump not pumping, bad gas, fuel line clogged up, fuel line leaks, carb circuits clogged up, etc ... not including electrical problems.

Check compressions

Well, I'll try this wire and go from there. Because I've noticed before it only went well when it had heaps of fuel in it. But not sure.

is it possible the self mix if fucking up and I should premix and cut that out completely?

+1

Check compressions

Well, I'll try this wire and go from there. Because I've noticed before it only went well when it had heaps of fuel in it. But not sure.

is it possible the self mix if fucking up and I should premix and cut that out completely?
    Do not diagnose your machine by guessing.

Work through the diagnostics and investigate each potential cause in a methodical manner.

Often there is more than one problem happening, so do not assume that you only need to find or fix one thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information