Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Vxr smoked sc seadoo

Raced a supercharged seadoo today out on the lake and my ski has 6 hours on it and beat him pretty good! He asked if mine was new cuz I don't have my registration yet I said yes it has 6 hours and natural aspirated and his jaw dropped bahahaha his was an 06 white and chrome didn't catch the model but boy was I happy he said I was the first person to ever beat him on the lake. How is this possible?

+1
    Congratulations. Enjoy the victory while you can. Sounds like maybe it was a GTX or Wake- 215 hp. Now he's going to buy an X-charger w/ 42 lb injectors & a reflashed ECU and come looking for you !!!

+1
    Did some research it was a 2006 gtx sc it will probly show up in the classifieds soon

4. +1 by:

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    my old Yami 2005 160ho-cruiser would beat my buddies 185 sc gtx aswell , all My ski had was the RPM kit and prop

those 185hp seadoos aint the best example of seadoo speed

Quote Originally Posted by VXRslayer21 View Post
    Raced a supercharged seadoo today out on the lake and my ski has 6 hours on it and beat him pretty good! He asked if mine was new cuz I don't have my registration yet I said yes it has 6 hours and natural aspirated and his jaw dropped bahahaha his was an 06 white and chrome didn't catch the model but boy was I happy he said I was the first person to ever beat him on the lake. How is this possible?
    In about 10 more hours when you are "fully" broken, expect to gain another 1 mph or so. Stock for Stock, and in calm waters, you will smoke just about anything out there. JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VXRslayer21 View Post
    he said I was the first person to ever beat him on the lake. How is this possible?
    It's possible because of that massive 1.8L, 1812cc power plant that Yamaha provide you with, combined with the lightweight nano hull technology. Enjoy!

+1
    I think my GTX-SC once did 65 MPH on its best day.

I had a similar experience on my lake with a 2006 RXP that had been modded. It was still a little to slow. Think he might have had SC issues as he should have been faster with the mods he had. Down in Louisiana, we edged out a 2010 stock RXP-X and FZR. Just slightly faster than them. And then of course the stock Kawi 300x. If it's stock and on smooth water, my (modded) VXS'es typically take it. Most recently my buddies' modded 2008 RXP-X eased away from me, but when we swapped skis it was dead even from holeshot to top end. The VXR/VXS platform is pretty easy to get going 70+ MPH.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I think my GTX-SC once did 65 MPH on its best day.

I had a similar experience on my lake with a 2006 RXP that had been modded. It was still a little to slow. Think he might have had SC issues as he should have been faster with the mods he had. Down in Louisiana, we edged out a 2010 stock RXP-X and FZR. Just slightly faster than them. And then of course the stock Kawi 300x. If it's stock and on smooth water, my (modded) VXS'es typically take it. Most recently my buddies' modded 2008 RXP-X eased away from me, but when we swapped skis it was dead even from holeshot to top end. The VXR/VXS platform is pretty easy to get going 70+ MPH.
    I am just glad you're on a Yamaha Jarrett! I never thought you'd come over to the dark side.

+1
    I ordered the riva ribbon delete and plan on putting it on after its 10hr service would I need to get a better drop in filter than paper stock? Does this ribbon delete mod affect warranty? When I ordered it it says you have to have the riva power filter kit for $500 to go with it to be safe and approved by coast guard or whatever is that true? I was just gonna buy the r&d drop in and be done with it. Advice anyone?

+1
    I had warranty work done on my FZ with a ribbon delete, rear exit exhaust and intake so not likely to void the warranty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information