rxp steve
    +1

New Ski's or rebuild

I have a set of 07 ski's that are loaded with hours and have owned for 5 years. I'm running the simple S3 setups and run mid 70's with the RXP. They have been meticulously maintained and run perfect. With the hours that are on them (260) I've been looking at new ski's. RXP X and RXT X. To get a new set I'm looking at around $30k with new trailer out the door. I was thinking that I could restore my old ski's for around $14k. Motors, paint and decals, seat,with new mods. The paint on the ski's now have 5 years of wear and tear and needs paint to be perfect. Just got finished totally rebuilding everything new (except drive shaft) from the PTO back on both ski's. Don't ask me what that cost. Anyway what I was wondering was, are the new S3 Hulls worth changing over to for speed and handling. If I go with the rebuild and restore the ski it would save me about $2000 per ski. If I buy new I figure I could sell my old ski's for 10 to 12k . There are other factors such as warranty (for what that's worth). If I start new I'll have to start the modding on the new ski's and that's more money also. I'm leaning towards rebuild because I could have more speed and customized paint on the old ski's. So which way is the best way to go? I'm about right in the middle. I want which ever ski's to run 75 to 80 and that's easy on either set.

New or used

Quote Originally Posted by rxp steve View Post
    i have a set of 07 ski's that are loaded with hours and have owned for 5 years. I'm running the simple s3 setups and run mid 70's with the rxp. They have been meticulously maintained and run perfect. With the hours that are on them (260) i've been looking at new ski's. Rxp x and rxt x. To get a new set i'm looking at around $30k with new trailer out the door. I was thinking that i could restore my old ski's for around $14k. Motors, paint and decals, seat,with new mods. The paint on the ski's now have 5 years of wear and tear and needs paint to be perfect. Just got finished totally rebuilding everything new (except drive shaft) from the pto back on both ski's. Don't ask me what that cost. Anyway what i was wondering was, are the new s3 hulls worth changing over to for speed and handling. If i go with the rebuild and restore the ski it would save me about $2000 per ski. If i buy new i figure i could sell my old ski's for 10 to 12k . There are other factors such as warranty (for what that's worth). If i start new i'll have to start the modding on the new ski's and that's more money also. I'm leaning towards rebuild because i could have more speed and customized paint on the old ski's. So which way is the best way to go? I'm about right in the middle. I want which ever ski's to run 75 to 80 and that's easy on either set.
    check h2o xtreme worldwide and ask for ramon ........
    954-871-8761

Thread Information