Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boyesen Reed Valves

Need some help here. I have a 2002 GP1200R and I am looking into Boyesen Reed valves, but need a little direction. first I do not know which model/style reeds fit my ski, and along with that is it better to go carbon fiber or is there a better option to take. Can anybody please help?

+1
    Vf3's are always a better option when it comes to reeds. They are costly, but everyone will say the same...they are well worth it. If you are on a budget, maybe think of adding stuffers to your stock ones for some added response.

these are the reeds your talking about correct? Is this the way to go to gain a little bit of low end pop along with a jet works kit installed, or am i going in the wrong direction?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwvs140.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	303243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwvs140.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	303243

+1
    You will gain power from the vf3 reed, but for these to work you will an adapter due to the size of the reed cage it is not a direct fit or direct replacement. Also keep in mind the vf3 reed are actually snowmobile reed. Vf2 are direct replacement, it will replace the stock cage. The jet work mod will increase your hole shot only. I suggest jetwork mod, d plate and chip. Free flow. Those are a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed796 View Post
    You will gain power from the vf3 reed, but for these to work you will an adapter due to the size of the reed cage it is not a direct fit or direct replacement. Also keep in mind the vf3 reed are actually snowmobile reed. Vf2 are direct replacement, it will replace the stock cage. The jet work mod will increase your hole shot only. I suggest jetwork mod, d plate and chip. Free flow. Those are a good start.
    so then which is the bes route to take? should i look into and adapter to fit them or go with the vf2's. which do you think I will gain the most power from and where would i locate and adapter to make the vf3's fit if that is the best way to go?

+1
    VF3 will give the best power. Member WFO (aka Rich) can help you with an adapter

With a stock block, head and carbs should I go this crazy with vf3's? Or can i go with vf2's and just replace the stock reeds or drop in boyesen reeds on the stock cages and get the same results for what I'm running?

i wouldnt go with either. This isusually the last mod on list of mods to do. Gonna be the most expensive with the least gain to be had. I would mill the head, and re jet the carbs first.
    After that you can turn a bigger prop. Those mods alone with give you huge gains and cost about as much at the reed set up. Also a ride plate and intake grate if not done already

Boyesen reeds will mount to stock cages and stuffers from Riva work will with then. I would rejet carbs or you will run lean.

OK, thanks for all the help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information