Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Adding options to 2012 Sea Doo GTI 130

just took out my new 2012 GTI out and love it. I road for 4 hours but the gauge says only 2 hours so not sure how that works.

Anyways... Also owning a 2004 GTX, I noticed a lot of different things the gauges show.
    In the owner manual it says things are available as an option.

Should have asked about this stuff before I bought it but,
    I was wondering how do i go about adding these options?

EX: VTS, cruise control, ski mode, water depth, water temp, fuel consumption, fuel autonomy and top speed/RPM

Thanks

+1
    I added the VTS system to my GTI130. All it is is a little module you plug into your "buds" plug, it comes with a lead to be able to add the other modules your looking at adding. Ill be honest, it was a total PITA to install, especially wiring up the handle for the VTS button. Depth/Temp module is pretty easy to add ive read, the most nerve-racking part is tieing into the fuse block, once you get an idea of the way its set up its ok but still nerv racking.

Its a good sunday morning project!

Good Luck! as soon as i reconnected the battery the Computer recognized the module and had the display in the corner. Well worth it!

+1
    WOW! sounds like a lot of work.

I'm not mechanically inclined so looks like I'll have to have Elk Grove power sports give me a quote to add this.

Thanks for the help

I think I should have went with the 2012 GTR. My 2004 GTX 155 can still out run my 2012 GTI.
    But at the same time I was looking for sporty performance.

seen a lot of videos on the GTI and liked how it was more sporty as where my GTX is more of a cruiser.

still trying to figure out how to do a 360 spin on the GTI

+1
    your GTI is still in break in mode, you will soon figure out how to throw the ski around! sport mode is necessary but wait for it to "break loose"

before you get a quote ask for some fellow GH members for help. Alot would work for beer and pizza (no beer until after the module is installed ) if you were near me i know i would help you. The VTS module is the most work because you have to get the wire up to the handles. the other ones are fairly easy, however IIRC the depth/water temp require a visit to the dealer to "activate" it but i could be wrong.

the GTI 130 is an incredible ski for the money. It is quick but definitely not the fastest on the water. there is something to be said for it, it is basically bullet proof. I will say the GTR215 is phenomenal, the 215 engine pairs with the GTI hull almost too perfect IMHO. Im not trying to rub salt in the wound if your starting to have buyers remorse. the GTI is still incredible, thats why i still have it

+1
    thank you, no remorse at the present time. when it's time to let the 2004 GTX go, I'll be able to get my next one right

Where is the best place to ask for help in these threads?

+1
    I would like to get the depth gauge one day just can't justify the price at the moment.
    Don't some of the options need to be enabled on buds to show up working on your display?

The depth gauge is pricey for what it is, but it is really nicely integrated into the ski. It comes with the correct bracket if needed. Mine snapped into a recess under the battery. It integrates well with the ski's display.

"Enabled on BUDS" I believe depends on the age of the ski. My 2013 recognized the depth gauge without using BUDS.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenit View Post
    I would like to get the depth gauge one day just can't justify the price at the moment.
    Don't some of the options need to be enabled on buds to show up working on your display?

8. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by ravenit View Post
    I know the depth finder on the GTI SE 130 is plug and play, I have not bought my depth finder yet but will here soon and I already looked into it and asked.just plug and play.

You will feel a big difference when you put it in sport mode,my 2012 GTI SE 130 topped out at 53 mph with me and the wife on it,that is plenty fast enough for me, Not sure why the hours are off,my hour meter works fine.

+1
    The hours problem might be my mistake, does it count hours when your in drive with no throttle headed out of the no wake zone.
    I know it was like 10 min to just get out of the no wake zone before I could actually ride it.

Does anybody know of someone in California that would help me install the module for the VTS and the wiring that has to be done?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information