+1

2007 wake supercharged unstable in water

Hi all,

one more problem that needs to be addressed with my 2007 wake SC. It gets very unstable in higher speeds than 30 mph. The rear of the ski "dance" left and right very bad and it is hard to control it. It may be more "visible" in a little choppy water but not sure since I had no chance to test in flat water yet. The feel is like you drive rear wheel car on icy road but the throttle in mu case does not play the role in getting unstable.

I centered the steering as per the manual but no result.

Is it possible that OPAS is not working good and this to be reason for this behavior?

What to check and what to test since it is at the edge of dangerous to ride ski

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    Hi all,

one more problem that needs to be addressed with my 2007 wake SC. It gets very unstable in higher speeds than 30 mph. The rear of the ski "dance" left and right very bad and it is hard to control it. It may be more "visible" in a little choppy water but not sure since I had no chance to test in flat water yet. The feel is like you drive rear wheel car on icy road but the throttle in mu case does not play the role in getting unstable.

I centered the steering as per the manual but no result.

Is it possible that OPAS is not working good and this to be reason for this behavior?

What to check and what to test since it is at the edge of dangerous to ride ski

thanks
    if your handle bars are off a little bit in a chop and the opas paddle comes down the wrong way it could be a very unstable ride..i felt coming off of a chop, the landing was the worse as it... 9 times out of 10... would throw me nearly over the ski if i didnt time the landing perfect and position the handlebars in the direction of the ski landing..NOT where i wanted the ski to go.

i rode maybe 4-5 times with my opas still on and it was too unpredictable... it felt very wobbly and "ass heavy"... even if i was "S"ing out at a decent amount of speed it would throw me off the opposite side. ive since took the opas out and replaced with the riva block offs and the ride is fantastic. i ride mostly in some chop and some trails so it was a no brainer for me to get rid of them.

+1
    I can manage good amount of rear "dance" since where I come from I use to drive on ice and slippery roads cars with RWD without traction control or ABS but there is no joy to ride ski like this and if someone ride it I am scared that he will not be able to manage it.

In fact I prefer to keep OPAS if it can be fixed. My other ski - 06 RXP has OPAS but it planed with no sign of the problem described above

+1
    What can be te reason fo"opas paddle comes down the wrong way"?

How should I check it?

Thread Information