New Jersey

96 XP is it worth it

I picked up a 96 xp for 150 bucks it is in pretty bad shape outside faded gel coat seat is trash but with some elbow greese i think i can bring it back. New seat cover and turf i think it will look pretty good. I tore apart the engine surprisingly it is in pretty good shape. I will bore cylinders new pistons new gaskets and seals rebuild carbs, rave valves rebuild jet pump test the stator crank looks great considering it hasn't been in the water since 1998. thought it would be rusted to hell. I would have 750 to 900 into the ski to get it going I believe(price includes 150 for ski). Just wondering it it is worth the money to invest to get it going or, should I part it out and look for something else. I enjoy working working on them ( just finished a 95 polaris sl 750 ).

doylestown PA, sea isle city, nj
    Yes, its worth it but it's worth way more parting it out. if your up for a fun project go for it, I loved my 96 xp. I just picked up another one yesterday that wasnt running. Spent two or three hours on it today and its running and ready for the water now. I can't wait to take it out this week. I'm sure you'll like it a lot better than the Polaris.

The 787 X4 boats are worth every bit of TLC. It's been my favorite boat in 25 years of riding PWCs. I can do anything with it and it always keeps going. I'd seriously consider buying a couple more, particularly finding a mint '99 SPX.

Thread Information