Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Group K Ultra 250 wins 2007 Mark Hahn 300 race

Repost from PWCtoday.com...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cue03

Harry, how did the rideplate and wedge perform for you guys? Is it as good as expected or does it need further tweaking. I understand the water conditions were pretty choppy etc.

Any update will be appreciated.

Curtis
    Curtis,

I hesitated to answer right after the race because there were some scoring "issues" (as can easily happen in a 6 hour race). I recieved word this morning that after reviewing the score sheets, it was determined that the actual race winner was Tracy Malan and John Belton on the Group K Ultra 250.

We kinda suspected this was the case because Tracy & John had a error free race with fuel stops every hour. Their exact race time is not known right now ... but what is known is that they won.

To answer your question directly, the ride plate mod and LX nozzle wedge worked perfectly for the last 4 hours (when the wind relented to make for smoother water conditions). However for the 3-4 foot waters of the first 2 hours, the nozzle wedge offed a bit to much nose lifting that resulted in some occational porposing... without the wedge, the ride plate mod alone would have done fine.

Respectfully, Harry Klemm

__________________________________________________ __________
    Unless otherwise stated, responses to all forum posts are based on my personal experiences working within the PWC industry, and developing high performance PWCs since 1987.

www.groupk.com

...another repost from PWCtoday.com regardsing Ultra vs RXT

SoCaloffshore vbmenu_register("postmenu_1051260", true);
    PWCToday Newbie

Years Riding: 11

Re: Ultra 250 ...add 3mph
    I started the race with 6 hours on the engine, I noticed a very minor performane increase due to complete break-in by the end of the race. That said, I'm not confident that this was genuine performance increase or just my perception.

FUEL - wow, the ULTRA drinks the fuel. Note that I sucked in a rock at the start line so got in the race late, I pegged it full throtle the entire time trying to catch up on laps. I got the warning beeper at about 14 or 15 gallons of fuel consumption. (I think I went through about 65 gallons total) As the craft is relatively new to me, I did not know if I was really about to run out of fuel or the gauge is conservative so I went in and pitted / refuled. The gauge appears to be conservative. I was getting about four laps at full throttle before the warning beeper went off with a "FUEL" warning.

Other observations - the ULTRA is the best out of the crate watercraft produced - ever. I also have a RXT and the ULTRA is clearly the better, quicker, faster craft. The ULTRA was NOT passed during the entire race - it pulled away from everything out there. All I've done is RIVA exhaust..... and there wre many boats out there with major upgrades on them. In many cases, the ULTRA was literally blowing by many of the craft out there.

Thanks for consolidating the info in one place.

Curtis

Competition is a good thing. Makes Ya wonder whats next...

Plus the 250 has already brought some new people onto this forum

J3ff
    waiting for shibby to come in and get pissy

13xracing - aka 427racing 13xracing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee View Post
    Competition is a good thing. Makes Ya wonder whats next...

Plus the 250 has already brought some new people onto this forum

I'm glad it brought me here. Much better company and attitudes than the other site.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 427racing View Post
    I'm glad it brought me here. Much better company and attitudes than the other site.

We try to keep the demeanor cleaner than the old Ultra site. I hated going there. Everyone was freakin paranoid, or just pissed off.

+1
    The exact race time is not known That scoring is so screwed up... NO-ONE knows who won!

With Silicon Valley and Havasu so close together...you would think... someone could do better than tally sheets and an inconclusive finish.

All anyone can say is they we're there and raced...Where they finished Usually the shortest time wins? Right? Couldn't any race officials count laps or read a clock? .02

race results

Its sunday morning and i just rolled in from driving back from havasu. I got my first look at the results and the scoring system was crap. I talked it over with joe and we had a team manager keep times and lap counts throughout the entire race from shore, she could see us every lap. They the scorers penalized us for a sv(score boat violation) me and joe both know we did everything right going past the score boat. Our lap times were very consistent every lap and we completed 29 laps not 25sv, its hard to keep your head up when you know you ran a great race and 29 laps would have put us in the top ten and better in our class. Not much we can do now i will never attend the event again or a dsm event ever. Me and joe know in our hearts where we placed, sorry to our sponsors and our wallets for making the trip cross country and get treated like this.

+1
    This is the exact reason why so few from Texas went this year. They had the same problems this year as the previous year. Maybe someone will seriously consider Carl's Laptrack software as a solution for next year. Everyone knows the race is named in honor of Mark. But to call this race a National Endurance Championship event and continue to have these types of issues is discouraging, particurlarly to those who have driven across the country & are far less than satisfied with the result.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information