+1

First doo ('96 sp) to the Family

Ok so I'm newer to the ski world as it is i have only owned my 1st for 1 year so far... 04 Polaris virage 700cc tops out at 52 mph nice little ski

Anyhow My Gf's family member has 4 skis 3 in his name one he bought for his x wife long ago he's getting rid of the 2 seater because when his young kids come around they can't drive them so the 2 seater is just taking up space. He's giving the ski to her for free(very nice man).

Last ran in 2010 but has been brp dealer service since 96 so mechanically it should be in decent condition I believe .

I've always wanted seadoos the dealer is .015 miles from my house so I drool on the daily lol.

What I wanted to know is of common problems, useful mods, performance upgrades even restoration tips would be helpful.

I also see that it's a 580 cc so I'm assuming that it doesn't top out to fast but again I have no clue my borage is only a 90 hp 3 seater and reaches 52 stock on GPS.

Here are some pics of her

Once I get her running which shouldn't be difficult ill begin to start updating the build process!

Any help would be more than greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Garry

+1
    Bumped

+1
    Any plans for painting or anything like that?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Looks perfect to me ! only thing i would do (because nothing else will help and keep it reliable IMO) is replace the impeller with a stainless (factory pitch replacement) it will give you a ALL around better running power for the engine. Intake Grate?? Yes and No , if you ride where its choppy its great, but IT will slow you down on smooth water so if you get one, don't get an aggressive one with a lot of "scoop".As far as Top speed? depends on the weight of the person and how much gas is in the tank....Will it this fun ski beat you death? HELL YA it will. Also One more important MUST DOO. If it has the gray TEMPO fuel lines still on it.........Change them out FIRST , And clean out the carbs/Carb...TAKE IT APART TO CLEAN IT. goodluck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
    Any plans for painting or anything like that?
    Probably not I'm gonna try and restore the hood and other teal parts as much as possible get some purple psa hyrdo turf diamond cut and replace the handle covers. Maybe I'll Westland 1500 grit and buff it with compound to see how good I get it just remember it was always shrink wrapped in the winter and covered in the summer the decals are all in great shape!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Looks perfect to me ! only thing i would do (because nothing else will help and keep it reliable IMO) is replace the impeller with a stainless (factory pitch replacement) it will give you a ALL around better running power for the engine. Intake Grate?? Yes and No , if you ride where its choppy its great, but IT will slow you down on smooth water so if you get one, don't get an aggressive one with a lot of "scoop".As far as Top speed? depends on the weight of the person and how much gas is in the tank....Will it this fun ski beat you death? HELL YA it will. Also One more important MUST DOO. If it has the gray TEMPO fuel lines still on it.........Change them out FIRST , And clean out the carbs/Carb...TAKE IT APART TO CLEAN IT. goodluck
    Not Sure what the prop is. I do know about the tempo Polaris had that problem too since it was serviced by a very reputable place in basically my back yard is assume they changeout if not ill get that done and maybe get the carb cleaned out before trying to start it.

Only reason I made this is because when you google ski models there's billions of links to pwc sites but I wasn't finding much on sp's to my understanding this is a low end xp basically with a different motor by a ton lol

also the person riding it predominately will be a woman at 125 thats nothing lol
    Last edited by notorious01; 06-12-2013 at 12:30 AM.

+1
    bumped anyone have a spx water box

Thread Information