Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MB in July?

+1

MB in July?

I know we just finished the real MB, but I already know I'm going to be on the Amite for July 4th doing the Maurepas loop and others. Anyone is welcome to join, I'm sure some of the other locals will be around.

+1
    Let me know when y'all plan on riding. I may be able to make it out that way for a day or two.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryallen View Post
    I know we just finished the real MB, but I already know I'm going to be on the Amite for July 4th doing the Maurepas loop and others.
    That loop is a must do...we hit it Thursday on the way to Morgan City. Lots of good places to stop for grub too. Billy's gonna have to get some more LA trails on his site. All I have left to do after this weekend is the Tickfaw River.

+1
    I never rode the amite area before. Are there any places with 91+ octane fuel on the water?

+1
    I think there are two places, but I'm not sure - I suggest calling them: Thunder By's fuel dock and Hill Top Inn. Go to the LA page on my site, scroll down to the L. Maurepas Loop and click on the icons on the Diversion Canal for more beta...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
    I know we just finished the real MB, but I already know I'm going to be on the Amite for July 4th doing the Maurepas loop and others.
    That loop is a must do...we hit it Thursday on the way to Morgan City. Lots of good places to stop for grub too. Billy's gonna have to get some more LA trails on his site. All I have left to do after this weekend is the Tickfaw River.
    I'm working some stuff from west and south of Lafayette, but they're unconfirmed and keep getting further from home.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiMike View Post
    I never rode the amite area before. Are there any places with 91+ octane fuel on the water?
    Not sure, probably have to call the ones listed on pwctrailfinder's track file. We did the Alternate Maurepas Loop which includes the trek up and down Blind River with no gas stops or extra cans...73 miles and even the gas guzzling Yamaha SHO Cruiser (5mpg) made it.

My ski (Honda) also requires 91+ but I don't sweat it. This weekend I carried an extra 6 gallons but never used it. Worst case I top off the 92/93 with 87. Me and another guy on a Seadoo RXP filled up with "super" down at Cocodrie at the Gulf. Don't know what super is (89?) but didn't notice any knocking.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiMike View Post
    Not sure, probably have to call the ones listed on pwctrailfinder's track file. We did the Alternate Maurepas Loop which includes the trek up and down Blind River with no gas stops or extra cans...73 miles and even the gas guzzling Yamaha SHO Cruiser (5mpg) made it.

My ski (Honda) also requires 91+ but I don't sweat it. This weekend I carried an extra 6 gallons but never used it. Worst case I top off the 92/93 with 87. Me and another guy on a Seadoo RXP filled up with "super" down at Cocodrie at the Gulf. Don't know what super is (89?) but didn't notice any knocking.
    I'm running an old ultra 250x, and so I'm a lil worse off than those yamahas. I'll make some calls when I get a chance. Thanks

+1
    I will be doing that the 4th...gotta go to the prop stop...never been

+1
    There are two for sure....both of the ones mentioned. There may be more We can also preposition some at our camp. Its around MM. 14 on the Amite.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information