+1

Old issue but I am confused

Just did not want to open a new thread in order to ask a similar question but I found mixed opinions ... After an hour of ride my coolant dropped from max to min. It was my first ride since I had it changed. I will top it once more just to make sure its not air bubbles..(which I hope so...) there was no coolant in hull.... I ve read that it might be a head gasket issue. Which is the best way to check it? Doing a compression test, is sufficient in verifying or not, a blown gasket? The oil is not milky but was checked before riding. Also the thermostat was changed...where to start? Thanks guys..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    Just did not want to open a new thread in order to ask a similar question but I found mixed opinions ... After an hour of ride my coolant dropped from max to min. It was my first ride since I had it changed. I will top it once more just to make sure its not air bubbles..(which I hope so...) there was no coolant in hull.... I ve read that it might be a head gasket issue. Which is the best way to check it? Doing a compression test, is sufficient in verifying or not, a blown gasket? The oil is not milky but was checked before riding. Also the thermostat was changed...where to start? Thanks guys..
    I had a similar issue with my xpx...the coolant was leaking out the ride plate. there was pool that would collect under the pump by the pump shoe that was hard to notice. My coolant reservoir would just be empty or low. I then noticed that there was some coolant pooling. here is what mine looked like. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=you+guys+rock. if that's the issue you can follow the instructions in this thread too, they worked for me perfectly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryallen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    I had a similar issue with my xpx...the coolant was leaking out the ride plate. there was pool that would collect under the pump by the pump shoe that was hard to notice. My coolant reservoir would just be empty or low. I then noticed that there was some coolant pooling. here is what mine looked like. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=you+guys+rock. if that's the issue you can follow the instructions in this thread too, they worked for me perfectly.
    Thanks for the info..will have a look

+1
    It is just air locks in the system. It will happen every time after refilling the cooling system.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    It is just air locks in the system. It will happen every time after refilling the cooling system.
    I believe so..I hope that's the case..!

+1
    It's very normal to have to refill it after you service the cooling system.
    If it continues to be low then you have an issue some where.

Rip on....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    It's very normal to have to refill it after you service the cooling system.
    If it continues to be low then you have an issue some where.

Rip on....
    Thanks....!

I also had a leak in my rideplate coming from 2-3 of the plate's screws. The sealant gets tired and wears loose if not enough is applied by manufacturer. If you have this leak, you'll see it collect while sitting parked at the house.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    I also had a leak in my rideplate coming from 2-3 of the plate's screws. The sealant gets tired and wears loose if not enough is applied by manufacturer. If you have this leak, you'll see it collect while sitting parked at the house.
    Thanks for the tip I will check it.

+1
    Update....due to coolant change I had to refill after an hour of ride...everything ok... Thanks everyone for the help!

Thread Information