Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rotax Racing SC Impellar vs Riva SC Impellar? Opinons Please?

Just wondering whats the difference other than price in the two. What one is better, and why? Just wondering, i just want to make sure i get the better one!

+1
    depends on if you want to do an aftermarket intercooler or injectors.....

with IC, Rotax and 42lbs

with IC, Riva and stock injectors...

Stock IC, Riva or Rotax no injectors.....

I will be running Riva Stage 3 and 42lb Injectors on Stock ECU, Waiting on a cheaper intercooler solution.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    Just wondering whats the difference other than price in the two. What one is better, and why? Just wondering, i just want to make sure i get the better one!
    IF you're talking about the Riva Vortech impeller, the RR is much better. It produces a 14hp gain versus the Vortech's 2hp gain (someone correct me if Im wrong on those #'s).

HOWEVER, if you're talking about the Riva S3 SC, it is much better than the RR wheel, because it moves a much larger volume of air.

+1
    Are you trying to compare it to the Riva Vortech SC impeller or the Riva Stage 3 SC impeller?

Here are all the superchargers in order of weakest to strongest

Stock
    Riva Vortech
    Rotax Racing High Boost
    Riva Stage 3
    Rude Charger

Im talking about the high boost one , the one that adds 14hp at 9psi. I plan on keeping my IC and Injectors stock for now so... thats why i just wanted to know hp and boost difference between the 2. But Jerry you pretty well explained that quickly as expected. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    IF you're talking about the Riva Vortech impeller, the RR is much better. It produces a 14hp gain versus the Vortech's 2hp gain (someone correct me if Im wrong on those #'s) .
    Damm that's a big diff the Riva Imp 2hp vs. RR impeller 14hp. There should be a big gain just switching from the riva to the RR with inj.

If you Run the rr wheel with the stock IC you will not get the full potential of the rr high booste wheel. It will still be better then the riva/vortech wheel but i dont beleive youll get the full +14 hp out of it without a external ic and injectors.

I also don't think he can run a rear intake with the RR wheel unless he goes to the 42# injectors from the stock 38#. But that could be if you're running an external IC (someone correct me if Im wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    I also don't think he can run a rear intake with the RR wheel unless he goes to the 42# injectors from the stock 38#. But that could be if you're running an external IC (someone correct me if Im wrong).

Really i cant see that using the rear intake would hinder you from using the RR SC impellar? Is there that much difference between Riva's older intake (wraps around to front of engine) to the new rear one. Ok Jerry i know i asked you this once before but heres wut im going to be doing!

Heres what i have now- STG 1, resonator gone, ride plate holes filled, and BOV.

What im going to be doing - SS wear ring, Ceramic Bearings, SS Clutch washers, RR waterbox, and thru haul, 15/20 4 blade solas, Riva Rear intake, Riva OPAS Blockoffs, Catch Can, Sea Strainer, Skegs, reduction nozzle and RR SC Impellar.

Will all this work together so i can finally sleep at night(lol!!) without getting a hundred different answers or so i dont order something i dont need!!!!!

+1
    riva rear intake is 4". riva power filter running up front is 3". rear intake is less distance traveled and fresher air. rear intake will give you a lot more performance. btw i hate you because your ski was 70+ in stock form

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information