What do you reccomend for a traveling ski. 1' to 2' river chop (dry,smooth) ?

My wife and I like to ride together and go 70 miles up river from our marina and we have had Hondas and they were to wet as we rode through our own forward spray on every little ripple. I had a couple of older 2 stroke seadoo's that were both better but I am asking about new 2012 and up. We want, and in order of importance. #1 smoothest ride in river chop, #2 dry riding, maximum dependability.

Thanks for your opinions

I guess I was expecting to hear the Yamaha FX HO. When I say ride together I mean each on our own ski's. I have the best dealer support for the Yamaha around here but I am getting familiar with working on my sea doo as well.

Would someone comment if you can on the Sea doo GTX Hull and ride characteristics -vs.- the FX HO.. I know riding beside a FX HO with my old F12-X Hondas made me want to trade them in on the Yamahas Pronto, It looked to ride just like we wanted in comparison. I am doing some repairs on my GTX now so will get to know it soon and have another personal experience data point to help decide.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Doty View Post
    I guess I was expecting to hear the Yamaha FX HO. When I say ride together I mean each on our own ski's. I have the best dealer support for the Yamaha around here but I am getting familiar with working on my sea doo as well.

Would someone comment if you can on the Sea doo GTX Hull and ride characteristics -vs.- the FX HO.. I know riding beside a FX HO with my old F12-X Hondas made me want to trade them in on the Yamahas Pronto, It looked to ride just like we wanted in comparison. I am doing some repairs on my GTX now so will get to know it soon and have another personal experience data point to help decide.

The New GTX is an excellent hull. I can't really compare it to the FX HO because I haven't ridden one, but the Yamaha's SHO hull is very good. No disrespect to Honda, but either one of these ski's will be an upgrade over a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by jsiouan View Post

The New GTX is an excellent hull. I can't really compare it to the FX HO because I haven't ridden one, but the Yamaha's SHO hull is very good. No disrespect to Honda, but either one of these ski's will be an upgrade over a Honda.
    The FX SHO and the FX HO use the exact same hull-- the only difference is the SHO is supercharged and the HO is not.

The HO would be an excellent choice for you-- take a look at the HO Cruiser-- it has a more comfortable touring seat than the regular HO.

Banned User
    +1
    I'd get an LX. Dry ride best rough water handling massive storage good range very low maintenance.

Thread Information