Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Ok, am I stuck with this Riva SCOM? Help please.

Or can it be transferred to another boat? Read conflicting threads. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

+1
    I presume you are talking about your rxpx 260 in your signature ?
    I see you have a reflash im pretty sure you can remove the scom as doesn't the reflash remove the gps limiter etc???
    then I assume you can sell the scom you removed ?
    if im wrong im sure someone will chime in and correct me

+1
    Once you have powered up and connected the SCOM to a ski, it can no longer be transferred to another. It is now a $250 paper weight at least you can use the wiring to power some other accessories if you wanted to.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    Once you have powered up and connected the SCOM to a ski, it can no longer be transferred to another. It is now a $250 paper weight at least you can use the wiring to power some other accessories if you wanted to.
    Damn, I installed the Riva stage 1 on my ski and before I did I verified that the ski hit 67.8 GPS multiple times. The rpms would spike 8120 then fall back to 8040, I told this to the dick at Riva and he says "the stock tachs are off as much as 300 rpm." I even said I don't want to install this kit and be stuck on the limiter and I was. So now I have this piece of shit SCOM that I used ONCE. Gained ZERO speed obviously because of the limiter. I will be complaining to Riva even if I gotta get Bamdas on the phone. Unfortunately I started reading green hulk before I modded the boat, I'm waiting for my reflash and prop, I will have it this week should be tested by Friday. I can give an update when I test. F'n RIVA
    BTW YOU GUYS ARE GREAT ON THIS BOARD!!!!

Dominic

+1
    wow

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    Damn, I installed the Riva stage 1 on my ski and before I did I verified that the ski hit 67.8 GPS multiple times. The rpms would spike 8120 then fall back to 8040, I told this to the dick at Riva and he says "the stock tachs are off as much as 300 rpm." I even said I don't want to install this kit and be stuck on the limiter and I was. So now I have this piece of shit SCOM that I used ONCE. Gained ZERO speed obviously because of the limiter. I will be complaining to Riva even if I gotta get Bamdas on the phone. Unfortunately I started reading green hulk before I modded the boat, I'm waiting for my reflash and prop, I will have it this week should be tested by Friday. I can give an update when I test. F'n RIVA

Dominic
    Just curious, but did you all the wiring? If you didn't have the 6 pins on the connector, you wouldn't have ever powered up the unit which means it was never married to your ski. I miss read the instructions thinking I already had the X-package installed on my PX, but I didn't. It only means if you had installed it after the fact (say on a stock RXT and then added the X-module to it). Check the connector at your battery and see how many pins there are. My mistake actually saved me and I could re-sell my unit which worked on another ski because it never was actually powered up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post

Dominic
    Just curious, but did you all the wiring? If you didn't have the 6 pins on the connector, you wouldn't have ever powered up the unit which means it was never married to your ski. I miss read the instructions thinking I already had the X-package installed on my PX, but I didn't. It only means if you had installed it after the fact (say on a stock RXT and then added the X-module to it). Check the connector at your battery and see how many pins there are. My mistake actually saved me and I could re-sell my unit which worked on another ski because it never was actually powered up.
    I have power to the purple wire that goes to the SCOM so I would imagine its been powered up right?

+1
    Yeah

+1
    Yeah
    Thanks for the help.

+1
    I have posted this so many times it should be a friggin sticky!

Read post #9 here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...81#post1899181

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information