+1

Block Island Loop

Hey all you LI guys, I just got this email w/ a request to post it on the forum. This comes from my buddy, Barry Caputo, who tends to hang out over on PWCToday...

Saturday morning, June 22, I am going to do a day trip as I think most want to do that right now. I am leaving from Orient Point at 7AM, heading to Watch Hill Rhode Island, Newport, Block Island and home. Plan on being in the water at 7 so we have a full day. These are the longest days so we have daylight on our side but we still want to take advantage of the day. Have a full tank of gas so we can get started right away. I haven't decided yet but I think we will hit Block for Breakfast, Newport for Lunch, and watch Hill for a snack. Hopefully we can all have dinner at Orient Point when we get back. This will be an awesome trip! They always are.....
    A few things to consider....wetsuit jacket in case its cool in the am; boat US or sea tow membership; ALWAYS flexibility and a change of clothes in case we have issues and have to spend the night somewhere; snacks, water, tow rope; there is a ramp fee to launch at Orient - don't remember how much - maybe $20.

You can see a possible proposal to his run on my site here, which he submitted from his last such outing:
    http://pwctrailfinder.com/NewYorkPWCTrailRides.html Just scroll down to the "Block Island Loop". Barry's all about extensive, group rides - check it out and sign on.

+1
    I'm in on this ride. Barry's trips are a blast.

+1
    im thinking about going joe... just not too sure if i can afford it yet.... i didnt plan any spending cash into my budget this month haha

+1
    Anybody else interested? The weather is going to be perfect.

+1
    Looks like we have 20 skies and 25 people going. See you in orient point.

+1
    How did this trip go? Any pics?

+1
    Great ride, 19 skis and 23 people was the final count. We had one ski (seadoo) break down near Montauk on the way to Block and towed back to Orient. Then on the way home from New Port anothe ski (seadoo) lost oil pressure and stopped working. And we had one Ski (seadoo) run out of gas. 13 hours and 150 miles check out the run. http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip....17bfdd97913339

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOJOE View Post
    Great ride, 19 skis and 23 people was the final count. We had one ski (seadoo) break down near Montauk on the way to Block and towed back to Orient. Then on the way home from New Port anothe ski (seadoo) lost oil pressure and stopped working. And we had one Ski (seadoo) run out of gas. 13 hours and 150 miles check out the run. http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip....17bfdd97913339
    Damn seadoos with damn problems haha... Glad you had a good trip joe

9. +1 by:

Thread Information