Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Seadoo almost sunk is it ok

Yesterday took my jet skis out and my cousin flipped my 2012 RXT 260 and didn't know how to flip it back over three women on a ski mind you. Long story short the jet ski almost sunk was standing straight up like a rocket but took it to the dealer for their opinion there saying of course water needs to be flushed out fluids changed spark plugs and here's the kicker they're saying the motor could be hydrolocked and if so the supercharger needs to be replaced mind you therrd only 7 hours on the ski I think the latter is them trying to take a small repair and turn into a large one. What's your guys opinion or experience. People at the lake said its a simple process of spark plugs and changing fluids dealer charging 300$ to fix I'm worried there's huge mechanical damage thanks in advance

+1
    my opinion is get off here and go start drying it out! The longer the water sits there the more damage!

Banned User
    +1
    ^^^^ agree

The longer it sits with water inside engine the heftier the bill will be
    Last edited by thatdude596; 06-10-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Ith

+1
    People still let other people borrow their skis?
    Then three women???? No thanks, Jeffrey.
    tisk tisk tisk.

+1
    We got the water out of the hull thats drained and we turned it over it blew some water out now obviously we don't know how much more is in the engine realistically how much time do we have because we are trying to find a service center that isn't charging so much or for a second opinion as for the supercharger do you think thats OK? Because it sounded like dealer fluff honestly I'm no expert but I can read through some add on BS they try.

+1
    They were just riding not borrowing its family never had an experience like that ever so didn't anticipate it happening as long as they weren't hurt that matters more but still pissed my ski took some cosmetic beating and possible serious damage I'm trying to decipher if it is or isn't I was hearing from others it probably isn't and this is a trusted form so looking for experience I can relate to thanks

+1
    if the dealer quoted you $300 there not replacing the charger ...
    you have to flush fluids etc asap get all water out and get that ski running again as quick as you can
    no one can give you a estimated time till sever damage occurs

+1
    take your plugs out and crank it over to get most of the water out of the engine... change fluids and hope that it starts.. have you pulled the dip stick?

when you take metal and let it sit in salt water.. damage can start happening over night.. try to get as most water out of the motor as fast as possible.

+1
    Thanks it was in salt water we will follow the steps you stated pulled stick didn't see anything abnormal I know there's water still in it because it won't start but my main concern is that core components aren't ruined very expensive as well all know

+1
    i think if you can get the motor started... then the biggest cost will be off your shoulders.. everything else is pennys compared to the price of a motor rebuild.. dry out the hull COMPLETELY and spray EVERYTHING down with anti corrosion spray... including all electrical components.. i had my ski do something very similar and within 2 days i had a short in the wiring harness and had to replace all the wiring in the ski... would have been nearly 1800 if it wasnt covered by the dealer..

main concern... which i would be doing right now.. is getting the water out of the motor and getting it started.. the last thing you want is a rusted cylinder and salt water eating away at EVERY seal in the motor

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information