Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Will it fit?

  1. #1

    Will it fit?

    I know it will, but I have some other questions.

    I have (had) a very nice 1997 GP 1200 that got totaled this weekend.

    I have found a 2000 GP 800 with a blown motor. Does anyone know if I can put the 1200 in this hull? I know it's pretty much the same hull. My question is are the motor mounts there for a non PV 1200? And if they are, what about driveshaft length? Are the gauges compatible with a 97 black box? Any other gotchas? Maybe I should look for a 97-99 hull. Or just part it out and buy something different.

    • Any insights?



  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,846
    +1
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by bodean View Post
    I know it will, but I have some other questions.

    I have (had) a very nice 1997 GP 1200 that got totaled this weekend.

    I have found a 2000 GP 800 with a blown motor. Does anyone know if I can put the 1200 in this hull? I know it's pretty much the same hull. My question is are the motor mounts there for a non PV 1200? And if they are, what about driveshaft length? Are the gauges compatible with a 97 black box? Any other gotchas? Maybe I should look for a 97-99 hull. Or just part it out and buy something different.

    • Any insights?

    here you go http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198784

  3. #3
    showmepro1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    Posts
    524
    +1
    40
    Welcome to the Hulk from a fellow rider, bodean

  4. #4
    showmepro1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    Posts
    524
    +1
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by bodean View Post
    I know it will, but I have some other questions.

    I have (had) a very nice 1997 GP 1200 that got totaled this weekend.

    I have found a 2000 GP 800 with a blown motor. Does anyone know if I can put the 1200 in this hull? I know it's pretty much the same hull. My question is are the motor mounts there for a non PV 1200? And if they are, what about driveshaft length? Are the gauges compatible with a 97 black box? Any other gotchas? Maybe I should look for a 97-99 hull. Or just part it out and buy something different.

    • Any insights?

    Come'on guys someone's gotta know about the intricacies of putting the guts of a '97 GP1200 into a '00 GP800 hull....the man's a friend of mine and needs to know fast, is looking at getting a ride back on the water.....

  5. #5
    Yamaha artisan Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI, USA
    Posts
    2,500
    +1
    55
    It will fit. The 2000 GP800 is still the old hull. 2001 GP800 is the newer GPR hull.
    Motor mount holes should be there, gauges are the same. You might have to swap the intermediate shaft.
    Here's the gotcha. I'm pretty sure the pump is the smaller 144mm instead of the 155mm. But you can swap that over too.

  6. #6
    showmepro1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    Posts
    524
    +1
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    It will fit. The 2000 GP800 is still the old hull. 2001 GP800 is the newer GPR hull.
    Motor mount holes should be there, gauges are the same. You might have to swap the intermediate shaft.
    Here's the gotcha. I'm pretty sure the pump is the smaller 144mm instead of the 155mm. But you can swap that over too.
    Cutlass, are you saying that hull has the mounting points (the inserts in the hull) for both the 800 and 1200 motors? That would be great.

  7. #7
    I wanna go FAAAAASTer!! CDW78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    543
    +1
    6
    I dont know much about converting the 97 to a 2k, but it requires a lot of changes to make it happen.
    I've got a 99 hull, clean title, descent shape - if you end up buying one.....PM me if you may want it.

  8. #8
    I believe the 800 actually uses the same mounting points from what ive read. The pump is the smaller 144 which WILL work with the right prop but you'll lose bottom end for sure.
    (im basing this off the blaster 1200 guys that stick with the stock 144 pump and still get good top speed numbers)

    the gp800 hull is the same as the 1200 just different motor/pump, again this is from everything ive round recently(looking at a similar swap into the gpr hull)

    also WFO did this swap on a gp 800 hull and he said everything worked , he had to make one adjustment with exhaust(cut something i believe) but other then that he said everything plugged up and worked)
    Last edited by demented; 06-11-2013 at 04:16 PM.

  9. #9
    showmepro1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    Posts
    524
    +1
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by demented View Post
    I believe the 800 actually uses the same mounting points from what ive read. The pump is the smaller 144 which WILL work with the right prop but you'll lose bottom end for sure.
    (im basing this off the blaster 1200 guys that stick with the stock 144 pump and still get good top speed numbers)

    the gp800 hull is the same as the 1200 just different motor/pump, again this is from everything ive round recently(looking at a similar swap into the gpr hull)

    also WFO did this swap on a gp 800 hull and he said everything worked , he had to make one adjustment with exhaust(cut something i believe) but other then that he said everything plugged up and worked)
    Thanks! I PM'd WFO to see what he knows about doing this....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Will it fit????????????
    By Skip Winnebago in forum Honda Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 07:02 AM
  2. 650sx engine in a js300?? Will it fit!?
    By RideBlue in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 02:35 AM
  3. Will it fit?
    By porksword in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 01:20 AM
  4. MSX cover, will it fit?
    By Rodneyae in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 11:31 PM
  5. Will it fit?
    By ReDevilRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •