jetski cleaning and maintance

i just got a new 2013 fzr and im concerned with maintance.
    i usually ride in fresh water.. do i have to flush the engine afterwards? since its fresh water...
    also what cleaning materials are good with the hull. to keep it showroom condition for as long as possible.
    i also have the spray yamashield which i got from the dealer. i was told to spray it in the hull but im concerned with spraying ares i cant spray.
    any guidelines for cleaning my ski? dos and donts? thanks.

You dont have to really hook up to hose every time you ride in fresh water. Absolutely after in salt water. It is a good idea to flush once in awhile but just make sure after u ride and the skis on trailer to rev the throttle and blow out the water but make sure not to have it run more than 15sec. As with maintanence and cleaning i use 3M products they work very well!!

+1
    Found a new product from Lucas Oil Co. its a spray bottle of wax that you just mist on & whip off. it makes the ski look "Show Room" new & so easy to use. It comes in a Big Blue spray Bottle about $6.95 can do about 2 dozen applications. Good Luck : P.S. check out the Lucas Oil guys either on this site or web ... it will be worth it!

+1
    I would as stated wax it really well initially with a good traditional paste wax and not sure if you get hard water spots, but helps to keep them at bay. You can also use water and vinegar against water stains. You could coat the engine compartment and jet pump with some anti corrosion spray, but not a must with fresh water. Your main issues will be the bunks leaving scuff marks, dock rash or scuffing from beaching your ski. I use a spray on the bunks to help reduce friction, sturdy rear straps and always winch on. Make sure no debris like sand or long screws to make it worse. Some foam bumpers to keep the ski off the dock and anchor instead of beaching.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Found a new product from Lucas Oil Co. its a spray bottle of wax that you just mist on & whip off. it makes the ski look "Show Room" new & so easy to use. It comes in a Big Blue spray Bottle about $6.95 can do about 2 dozen applications. Good Luck : P.S. check out the Lucas Oil guys either on this site or web ... it will be worth it!
    I grabbed a bottle of this at Walmart and I'm gonna give it a try.

get yourself a really good cover and keep it covered if you leave it outdoors. the sun is one of the biggest killers of that show-room finish.

i ride in salt so have to flush after each ride, but i'd do it anyway. you don't know what your girl ingested out on the water.

i also fog the interior of the ski with wd40 each weekend after riding (e.g. if it's going to sit for more than a day without riding). after 4 years of riding on salt here in the GCC (really salty water) the interior of both my skis is still flawless apart from a few hoseclamps that i'm just replacing now. if you ever want to sell it, a buyer wants to see a pristine interior and exterior.

Thread Information