Smile Help please! Need advice on 2006 rxt free flow

Hey guys!

First time poster. I have been trying to find a related post but cant seem to find one regarding my question. I have installed a free flow pipe into my 2006 RXT 215HP. The pipe did not have any sort of "Flange" on either end just straight pipe. I have secured them very tightly with 2 claps each end. Will this be enough? I have read that guys have just used clams with no Flange and had no problems what so ever. Also, would it be a safe advantage to use some sort of water proof sealant around where the pipe and hose meet at both ends just incase? or will the clamps be plenty enough to keep water and fumes out?

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lukeybb View Post
    Hey guys!

First time poster. I have been trying to find a related post but cant seem to find one regarding my question. I have installed a free flow pipe into my 2006 RXT 215HP. The pipe did not have any sort of "Flange" on either end just straight pipe. I have secured them very tightly with 2 claps each end. Will this be enough? I have read that guys have just used clams with no Flange and had no problems what so ever. Also, would it be a safe advantage to use some sort of water proof sealant around where the pipe and hose meet at both ends just incase? or will the clamps be plenty enough to keep water and fumes out?

Many thanks!
    I don't have ridges on either end of my diy free-flow...used single worms....nvr a prob in 4-5 years.

Thanks for the reply VaRedneck! so there's no need for any sort of water proof adhesive around the joins? will the rubber hold onto the pipe fine??

Thread Information