Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2012 RXP-X Fuel Pressure Regulator Install

I just installed the Riva RRFPR on my RXPX 2012. Very new to all this, I didn't know the fuel system seemed to be spring loaded after removing the gas tank locking ring. Long story short, got everything installed as per instructions, but it say's in the instructions for stage one no setting is required (PSI) setting? started ski and then added H2O. Throttle is real sluggish? and heard a slight banging noise, is this normal? does it take a few minutes to get fuel through the system? ran it for about two minutes on the hose but did not seem to clear up. Is there a specific PSI for stage one. I have everything already waiting to install the Athena and all the stage two equipment is already installed, did not want to go any further if I installed this incorrectly, any help would be appreciated, Thanks!!

+1
    You have to set it to 58 hope you haven't damaged motor yet. It is set at 58 stock but you should have took stock reg out (shinny silver piece in fuel tank)

2012 RXPX Fuel Pressure Regulator

Quote Originally Posted by IBADTON View Post
    You have to set it to 58 hope you haven't damaged motor yet. It is set at 58 stock but you should have took stock reg out (shinny silver piece in fuel tank)
    Thank you very much for the heads up, in the instructions for the stage one set up it says, feul pressure setting (NOT REQUIRED). I did remove the old regulator and installed the billet block off in it's place.

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpx2012 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IBADTON View Post
    Thank you very much for the heads up, in the instructions for the stage one set up it says, feul pressure setting (NOT REQUIRED). I did remove the old regulator and installed the billet block off in it's place.
    Your reading it wrong. Stage I does not require a RRFPR, thats why they say setting is not required. There would be nothing to set. BUT with the irregular pressures that these stock skis have, a RRFPR is not a bad addittion at all. My advice though would be set it to 60psi. Unless you are measuring your AFR's and can tune to suit.

Good luck.

+1
    Rxp244 he took out oem so he has to set it and oem was set to 58. According to riva stage 1 mapped for 58 that's why they say not needed. Don't thank that 60 would hurt just saying what Rivas map says. Rxpx 2012 you really need to tap your mani and get a way to read air fuel .just more $ welcome to the form.

Thanks! I wanted to install the Athena on the ski as well, but I am confused with the install. On the ecu it say's that it already has the oem map pre-loaded. On the instructions it say's not to start the engine until following the quick start guide and load a map. If I am reading this correctly shouldn't I be able to run the ski with this base map? I understand that I need to remove the SCOM module that is installed now. Do you just un-plug the SCOM from the connector and leave it there?

+1
    You can easily download the map if you are unsure of what is install. Mine came with the base map installed like most. I believe you would be ok. As most have stated the Stock fuel pressure should be 58. MINE was not. It was wright at 50lbs and my ski was blowing 13-9 to 14 afr stock. This is why Riva states the Regulator upgrade is a must.
    What stage are you wanting to achieve now? Because you will want more. LOL.

Oh also when I measured my Stage I Map it was extremly safe. Just set Rivas reg to 58lbs and dont worry. I was running 11.5 afrs with the stage I at WOT. Very safe compared to my Stock 14's and all I did was add the Fuel reg and the Athena base map.

BUT if you go pst any of the set set ups get a AFR gauge. PERIOD! But if you fallow there maps with exactly what they call for you are OK. I have verified this through all maps.

Thanks, I realize that I'm reading to much into this but I dont want to hurt anything. I have all the components already installed for the stage two upgrade. Just wanted to take everything slowly at first.

+1
    Remember the STAGE II map is for 65psi/ fuel pressure, so make those adjustment from stg I to II.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Remember the STAGE II map is for 65psi/ fuel pressure, so make those adjustment from stg I to II.
    yes then back down when stage 3 up weird

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information