Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pro 785 - Cooling Hose and fuel hose sizes?

I know there are a bunch of posts out there on this topic but nothing to answer this specfic question.

I just picked up a pro 785 and I'm in the process of replacing all of the fuel line and cooling hoses. I've always used 3/8inch for cooling hose but the hoses on my stingers are 5/16. Is it going to be a big deal changing this to 3/8 inch?

Also, I'm not sure why but I have two different size fuel lines as well. What should the oem fuel line size be?

Sorry for the dumb questions. Normally I wouldnt care about going to the bigger 1/16 line but I've never had triples and just want to be sure this isnt 5/16 for a reason.
    Last edited by K447; 06-13-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    What year is your 785?

Are you using the original factory hose configuration for cooling or a modified configuration?

It's a '99. It has the stock water setup from what I believe but I can't be certain. The water manifold is secured down under the exhaust manifolds. I have only looked real quick and haven't spent much more than 15 minutes with it yet but I dont remember seeing any jetworks valves up in the front on those stinger hoses. I need to pick up some fuel line and water hose afterwork today since the ski is a little older and I just want the peace of mind of new cables, but I wasnt sure about those hose sizes that I asked about above. I will probably end up just doing some 3/8 air compressor hose for the water hose. Any insight on if that 1/16th difference will matter?

+1
    all the water lines are 3/8 except the front headpipe is 1/2 from the water bar to the head pipe never seen 5/16 on any of mine

so the head pipe is basically the exhaust manifold or the first pipe that is bolted to the cylinders correct?

It was 5/16 fuel line from what I could tell. If I need to install jetworks valves, should they go on the hoses that are up in the bow? I'm not well versed on which pipes are called what anymore. Sorry..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slx1200 View Post
    so the head pipe is basically the exhaust manifold or the first pipe that is bolted to the cylinders correct?

It was 5/16 fuel line from what I could tell. If I need to install jetworks valves, should they go on the hoses that are up in the bow? I'm not well versed on which pipes are called what anymore. Sorry..
    Yes the headpipe as I call it is the manifold that goes to the cylinder and yes the jetworks valves go up front on each pipe or you can change the water routing like Watcon used to doand use one jetworks valve either way is just fine

Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post

Yes the headpipe as I call it is the manifold that goes to the cylinder and yes the jetworks valves go up front on each pipe or you can change the water routing like Watcon used to doand use one jetworks valve either way is just fine
    Thanks lugs. Any ideas as to why I cannot for the life of me get a water hose off one of the stingers? Took the hose clamp completely off and it will not spin or move on that brass fitting. Makes me think someone cemented it on. Any tips that might help?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post

Thanks lugs. Any ideas as to why I cannot for the life of me get a water hose off one of the stingers? Took the hose clamp completely off and it will not spin or move on that brass fitting. Makes me think someone cemented it on. Any tips that might help?
    I usually slit them with a razor knife f they won't move

9. +1 by:

Yep I had to do that too... There definitely weren't any valves so I will have to add those someday. Any real risks or big performance downgrades to not running these?

Also found that the pto stinger(?) was not connected fully to the collector in the front which gives me reason to believe that was producing the oily water leak I kept finding but couldnt pinpoint. I also got most of the water lines up there replaced with normal 3/8inch water line, the reinforced stuff which was way cheaper than air compressor line.

I will have to double check for leaks this weekend when I'm able to put the ski in.

Also I did confirm I have the stock water routing, but without any jetworks valves. Will I be ok to leave it like this and add the valves without doing the watcon water mod?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information