Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Question 11' 260x no boost.

    Newbie here. Have has no issues up until today. Ski will only run 50-51 mph and turn 6500rpms. According to gauge the ski isn't going into boost mode. Any thoughts and help? 20 hrs on ski.


  2. #2
    slothman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    731
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by bla00de View Post
    Newbie here. Have has no issues up until today. Ski will only run 50-51 mph and turn 6500rpms. According to gauge the ski isn't going into boost mode. Any thoughts and help? 20 hrs on ski.
    loose boost hose clamp ?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bla00de View Post
    Newbie here. Have has no issues up until today. Ski will only run 50-51 mph and turn 6500rpms. According to gauge the ski isn't going into boost mode. Any thoughts and help? 20 hrs on ski.
    loose boost hose clamp ?
    Dumb newbie here lol. Where is the clamp located?

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Spark plugs change them but from the sounds of it dealer may be your best bet

  5. #5
    Hoes between your SC and IC has a clamp each end, and another hose between your IC (inter cooler) and throttle body with a clamp each end.
    Check the four clamps are tight and hoses are installed correctly, also worth checking the air horn on the air box is well away from the hull and not getting sucked on to it.

  6. #6
    Check the small vacuum line going from the intake to the map sensor. I had this happen this year and found it off.

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Biggest thing is if its a 2011 it's not a 260 lol.

  8. #8
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,166
    +1
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Biggest thing is if its a 2011 it's not a 260 lol.
    Dont be so rude please..... now say sorry to the OP

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. no boost, 6500 rpm, cant find cause...
    By STSPERFORMANCE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 02:05 AM
  2. NO BOOST! help...
    By FZS Monty in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM
  3. No boost until 7000 rpm
    By cjo632racing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 09:27 PM
  4. Why no boost unless under load??
    By mongo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 02:43 PM
  5. No boost !!!
    By Mick in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •