Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Another Newby asking...

Hello to all,

I asked this in the Seadoo open forum...here it goes for here.

I'm looking for 2 skis for my wife and I to cruise around on but still be able to PLAY a little too.

My wife is fairly small in stature and probably won't be doing much playing but I on the other hand will definitely like to mix in at times a lot of play with the cruising around that will be taking place.

I'm on the larger side (300+lbs), so that has to figure in somewhere...after all I can't have my wife kicking my large butt all over the lake for all to see.

What skis do you suggest for the two of us?

Thank you for your help

Cya

+1
    VXR and a FX HO IMO. Or replace VXR with a SHO if you want a bigger ski or more potential speed.

+1
    Does the FX series have a different hull? Is the FX series better in the chop...I read on the forum by numerous posters that the VXR/VXS series do a lot of bouncing in the chop and are not the smoothest ski?

Cya

+1
    Since I know you don't really want a supercharged model (from the previous thread) I would say a basic VX Sport would do the wife just fine. My wife loves them. It's the ski that made her fall in love with the hobby. For you, if it was me and I wasn't looking for a supercharged Yamaha I would go with the FX HO or if I could afford to spend a little more more money I would up it to the FX Cruiser HO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EARL99016 View Post
    Does the FX series have a different hull? Is the FX series better in the chop...I read on the forum by numerous posters that the VXR/VXS series do a lot of bouncing in the chop and are not the smoothest ski?

Cya
    different hull than what? A VXS/R ? If so YES a totally different hull. Again its all relative to what you are use to and where you ride. If you ride Coeur d'Aelene a lot I would look at the FX hull not the VX as you can get some rough water out there. But it you ride places like the Columbia, banks lake, moses ect you will love the VX hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EARL99016 View Post

Cya
    different hull than what? A VXS/R ? If so YES a totally different hull. Again its all relative to what you are use to and where you ride. If you ride Coeur d'Aelene a lot I would look at the FX hull not the VX as you can get some rough water out there. But it you ride places like the Columbia, banks lake, moses ect you will love the VX hull.
    Is the hull on the FX hull just as good as the VX hull in the smooth water areas and just handles the chop better?

Cya

+1
    What do ya think...VXR for me and a VX Cruiser for my wife???

It would mostly be used on smaller lakes but occasionally on LARGE bodies of water that get a little crowded on the weekends with boat traffic so some chop is expected with that but could be compounded with some wind too.

It all could be handled with these two skis as long as you take it easy in those conditions...right?

We want low cost...both at original purchase price as well as on going maintenance costs. Reliability and day to day operating costs will also be up there on the list.

Please give me some user advise on these skis to help me decide.

Thank you

Cya

+1
    What about going used? Personally VXR for you and FX HO for her might be the way to go. How rough will the waters be?

+1
    On the small lakes and rivers it's just a little wind chop but on the bigger lakes it can get 1-2ft....unless caught out in the serious chop by a freak storm or the occasional venture out of some of the small bay areas on that big lake it will be seldom experienced...I hope.

Mostly just normal little chop I guess.

Cya

+1
    If your hitting that kind of chop you might want a FX SHO and FX HO... Better hulls for the chop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information