+1

fzr oil light question

I was wondering if the oil light on the gauges means low oil pressure or low oil level. The light went on 3 times now and I really don't want to ride it untill I figure it out why. The first time I was low on fuel and comming back to the ramp when I let off the throttle fairly quickly and turned to the left after being at full throttle for about 30 seconds.I thought it was just an error and it ment to trip the low fuel light. So I shut the ski off checked the oil which was full and restarted it. the low fuel light was on but not the oil light. So I brushed it off.
    On sunday I was out on the NYC ride when I was going down the Hudson at full throtttle with a full tank of fuel when I started letting off the throttle and it went on. So once again I shut it down checked the oil and restarted, the light was once again gone. 3 hours later of hard east river riding I was a minute from the ramp and at half throttle and it went on again. Once anain I restarted, it was off but I still took it right to the ramp at low speed.
    Becides the light and buzzer the ski ran flawless all day. Could the fact that I'm over due for an oil change have somthing to do with it. The ski only has 66 hours on it and 12 hours on the oil and filter which is from august of last year. I think its just a sensor but which one and I want to be sure it is and not something wrong before I go out again
    Last edited by bscpaint; 06-14-2013 at 08:04 AM.

+1
    Pretty sure it's a low pressure gauge. I remember reading that someone lost a cam plug and lost oil pressure making the light come on?

+1
    I was just reading that it could be a low level gauge too?? Could it be both?

Thread Information