99 gp760 and 02 gp800 both stalling

99 gp760 and 02 xl800 I'm about done with two strokes. I can't complain to much the 99 has given pretty good years of service with minimal maintenace considering its a water craft. I had to rebuilt carbs yearly if not every other year on the 99. picked up the 02 as a project and got it running but now can't keep it running. both have the same issue. it will idle fine and rev fine outside water (with hose ofcourse and /i'm not redlineing it out of water or anything ). get it to beach and after a hard start or east start either way it does the same thing, lurches to 10-15mph maybe with wot or half doesn't matter but never over 15mph. I rebuilt both set of both jetski carbs and until this year never gave me a problem but I could have built them wrong idk. Just looking for some seasoned help. my psi in the cylinders are good, good spark, no blade problems I see or worn seals. just odd they are both doing the same thing. I tried to see how much a local shop would rebuild carbs but they want to check out entire ski and charge hourly then give an estimate on carb rebuilt. Honeslty I just want to fix them and pass them on to someone who can spend more time with a two-stroke. I picked up a decent fx cruiser with busted mounts (fixed), so happy not only is it fourstorke its Fuel injected!! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by merc4now; 06-14-2013 at 05:33 PM.

+1
    did you fill them up at the same time with bad gas?

suppose its a possibility but it was fresh gas , heres some updates I added on the othersites, all so anyone know the normal popp off pressure for these carbs I have to got make a pop off tester. may just buy new seat and needle whey they are both off again.

I used the old school carb rehab link and found an awsome color pdf thanks Osidebill!! but I have a question I know some parts are for 38 some are for 44 how do I know which carb mine is? secondly in the colored pdf I see the gasket and such but don't see this clear plastic flim gasket(?) I had on mine. maybe its hard to see but was hoping someone knows if it's suppose to be there or if I used it by accident from the new kit? below are some pics of one of my carbs broke down off the 02 xl700? thought it was 800 but body says xl700 I swear the title said 800 anyways same carb as my gp 760 could really use some help guys

hopefully I found my problem but I';m hoping someon tells me before I scrap off the wrong gasket. If the specs are right from what I found this model came with a sbn38 not 44 according to the instal guide from minuki I don't use one or both items #1 for the fuel pump? be nice of all I did was add to many gaskets this year.

also anyone know the stock turns on the high and low screws?

+1
    You do have to use the clear diaphragm. Thats the pulse fuel pump diaphragm.

+1
    GP760
    low 1 5/8 plus or minus 1/4
    high 3/8 plus or minus 1/4

Thread Information