Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Summer Ski Fest Tampa Bay 2013

We will be hosting the annual event similar to Lover's Key August 23 - 25, 2013 in the Clearwater/Sand Key area. Below is the hotel information. We will be having rides to the various areas around Clearwater Beach. The resort is similar to Lover's Key except the rooms are suites instead of condos. They have a very nice pool deck and we will be able to anchor just off of the seawall to the hotel. You can check out the hotels website to see all they have to offer. The area is wonderful and centrally located for many activities for riders and non-riders. They have a free shuttle to one of the best beaches in the area, as well as a daycare, restaurants and bars, including poolside. The rides are being discussed still but we should have tours around Clearwater Beach, the various islands including Anclote Key and possibly all the way to John's Pass weather permitting. This area is very active night and day with places such as Sheppards, Pier 60 and many other businesses on Clearwater Beach. I hope to see everyone here.

The hotel is set and you can start making reservations. The hotel website is http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...s-on-sand-key/. It is the Marriott Suites Sand Key and the rate is 169.00 per night and each room is a suite and you have a choice of a King or 2 double beds. There is also a sitting area that has a pull out sofa bed.

Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key
    1201 Gulf Boulevard · Clearwater Beach, Florida 33767 USA
    Phone: 1-727-596-1100
    Fax: 1-727-595-4292
    Hotel Reservations
    For Marriott hotel reservations in the US, call 1 888 236 2427

We will have Cycle Springs there again doing the hybrid demo rides which is when you sign up you can have your ride while we are at the resort or if we are on a ride you can ask one of the cycle springs guys to switch with you so you get the real feel out on the water. They will also bring out the flyboard to show off the ability to use the ski to get some airtime.

Received this for booking the reservations, this will allow you to book from the 23rd to the 26th Monday if you want. If you want different days just change the dates while booking. The cutoff date is July 23rd so get your reservations in before then. They have a favorable cancellation policy if you check that out. Lets not lose any of the discounted rates book early.

Hello:

Online room reservations are now just a click away with ResLink!

Simply cut and paste the link below and include with your electronic correspondence to your guests. They will be directed to the property's home page with the negotiated rate code already entered in the appropriate field and can quickly make their room reservation.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service, and please feel free to contact me at any time. We appreciate your business!

Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key >>
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...3&app=resvlink

The closest ramp is about 3 miles away and if you are not parking there it is free. If you park for the day it is $6.

+1
    Damn... Wish I could make it, but that is the same weekend as the HydroDrag races. Well, have a good time.

+1
    will be there and hopefully staying over!

Don't pee in my Pool 150ofUltra's Avatar
    If my ski's running by then, I'll be there.

+1
    Just under a month to make your reservations for the event, after that the rooms will be lost so reserve your rooms today for the discounted price. After July 23rd the rates will go up.

+1
    We are booked(wife and I). Where do you launch the skis? Keep the skis? We are still learning....thanks for your help and patience!

Looking forward to joining the club and meeting everyone!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwood View Post
    We are booked(wife and I). Where do you launch the skis? Keep the skis? We are still learning....thanks for your help and patience!
    We launch at Belleair causeway ramp and there is a $6 fee per day to park. I will put my skis in and not take them out until Sunday and park the truck and trailer at the hotel. The skis I anchor behind the hotel during the event and bring cans or fuel to refill them. The hotel has been very accommodating with us being there and parking all of our stuff. We just have to leave room for the rental company.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TK423 View Post
    Looking forward to joining the club and meeting everyone!
    Looking forward to meeting you also. This is a great event to meet, not as stressful for me as the poker run in spring.

+1
    This is the last week to book your room for the Summer Ski Fest at the Marriott Sand Key. If you don't book this week the rate will go up. If you book your room and decide not to go you can cancel it but if you don't book and change your mind the room block will be gone. Hopefully everyone that wants to stay will get in during the discounted rate. Even if you are wanting to share a room, book the room then find the roommate later or cancel if you can't.

Friday night is usually a bar crawl (walk) in downtown Clearwater beach. I will be going to my son's football game so I need someone to take charge of the Friday night event. Anyone wanting to join us to watch the football game is welcome also.

I will still be riding on Friday so hopefully everyone will be there early.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information