Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

how fast should i expect?!

new to the forum and havent really lurked too much other than information on the valve issues with the rxp's. but now i have my 2005 rxp that i recently purchased and have put a few hours on, so naturally ive got some questions. the seller (ebay listing then purchased after the auction ended) stated that it had a full riva stage 2 kit on it. i bought it sight unseen and had it shipped across the country. well naturally i trust way too much and turns out some of the stuff he stated wasnt exactly correct. it does in fact have almost all of the parts included in a riva stage 2 but from different companies. i gps'ed the ski on some light chop on our lake in 59* water and it only got to 72.8 @ 8100 rpm's. seller stated he gps'ed it at 76 in ideal conditions. he was at 0' or close (bay in washington DC) and im at 2200' elevation, is that normal for a loss? it has a bigger supercharger wheel (unknown boost level but ill put a gauge on it this weekend weather permitting). it has a SFR intercooler on it with no BOV, r&d intake kit (soft flexible wire wound hose about 4 inches in diameter from supercharger to front of ski with a r&d blue cone style filter on it), riva catch can thing (i dont understand this one cuz its vented to the hull?), riva thru hull exhaust and water box, riva full opas delete (with the hull extension plates), 2* pump wedge (with no vts extension rod), riva adjustable sponsons, solas 14/19R concord with green cone(possibly 15/19R, hard to see) factory plastic wear ring (with very slight marks from sand or something not quite enough to hook with fingernail), top loader style intake grate, and a 81 size reduction nozzle on the back. are these speeds normal or am i short something here? i know, not knowing the boost level holds some debate but untill i put a gauge on it all i can say it someone has opened the supercharger and put about a 1/4" spacer between the cover and housing. it has stock injectors in it and im running 91 pump thru it. any ideas or input on this, is there something i should change or get rid of. i have issue changing anything on this aslong its not going to kill reliability. it just doesnt seem to get up and go like ive read they should, my girlfriends aquatrax will stay close untill about 50 then i will pull...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45391_10151564035949236_21065969_n.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	303752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	225581_10151564037484236_2044523522_n.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	303753Click image for larger version. 

Name:	488003_10151564036114236_752854527_n.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	303754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	313706_10151564037559236_1136580346_n.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	303755

+1
    those numbers dont seam too far off actually..

in reality all you have done engine performance wise is an intake.. intercooler.. wheel.. and impeller..( i thought a bigger wheel required bigger injectors??)

most everything else is handling performance upgrades.. elevation will have a factor on speed but not by that much.. the rpms are on the limiter... if anything i would dial back the impeller because you want to be around 50rpms off the limiter for safety sake..

how many hours are on the machine? do you know what kind of wheel is in the supercharger?

i dont know what wheel is in the charger but i suppose it wouldnt hurt to pull it appart and see (im not worried about tearin this thing appart, i already tore the pump appart to check stuff over lol). i assume that you dont need bigger injectors since the riva stage 2 comes with a bigger wheel but no injectors, i could be wrong tho thats why im here haha. theres 79 hours on the ski and the supercharger was just rebuilt with steel washers (i have the paperwork) at 72 hours and the clutch slip is still spot on when i checked. it actually touched 8150 on the speed run but bounced between 8150 and 8100, i thought the limiter was 8300 rpm?

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

5. +1 by:

thanks man theres alot of good information on this site! i hope its as helpful as ls1tech has been for me!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05rxpfun View Post
    i dont know what wheel is in the charger but i suppose it wouldnt hurt to pull it appart and see (im not worried about tearin this thing appart, i already tore the pump appart to check stuff over lol). i assume that you dont need bigger injectors since the riva stage 2 comes with a bigger wheel but no injectors, i could be wrong tho thats why im here haha. theres 79 hours on the ski and the supercharger was just rebuilt with steel washers (i have the paperwork) at 72 hours and the clutch slip is still spot on when i checked. it actually touched 8150 on the speed run but bounced between 8150 and 8100, i thought the limiter was 8300 rpm?
    Well it's good the sc was rebuilt... I know with an et 127 wheel the 42 lb injectors are a must

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1923

Idk about that limiter I know my 215 gtx is set stock to 8100 I think you should be at the 8100 unless you've been reflashed or a different ecu on the machine.

+1
    My buddys 06 rxp has a 9lb charger, stock Injectors, tuned 15/20 prop pump wedge, external ic , and a shortened water box and he's at 75.0 gps.
    His ski now beats our other friends stock 09 rxpx 255.
    He beats him out of the hole and top speed.

im hoping for atleast 74 and 75 would be sweet. its too windy today (25+ mph) to test and check the supercharger boost so it will have to wait till next week or weekend... if it is low on boost for some reason ill tear the supercharger appart and check the wheel for the mfg.... go from there i guess

bumping this up!
    I was having issues with the jet ski running on 2 cylinders yesterday and i figured it was still a gas issue. it only does this when the jet ski gets below 2/3 tank of gas. put more fresh gas in the ski and it got back to 8000 rpms with a full tank of gas and prolly 40 lbs of stuff in the front cubby.. i figured that was normal, but it use to make 8150 rpms with a full tank and no weight in the front. it gps'ed at 70.2 yesterday and was running 7950 rpms when it did. i am thinking since my supercharger clutch is fine, the plugs are new, my gas is good now, and everything else checks out ok, do you think i might have a coil out or something to cause my issues?

heres my issue i found out with it. i pulled the supercharger off the ski today, really easy to do actually as most of you know. well i took it to my shop and put it in my vice to check the slip while its not in the ski. turns out im at exactly 6 ftlbs or 72 inlbs. alittle lower than i thought should be ideal... it has the riva upgraded clutches on it already so thats a plus. i was told that it has a upgraded supercharger wheel on it but it turns out there is no spacer on the supercharger housing! fml! well it turns out its got a factory wheel on it which is a good and bad thing. that means i got to 72.8 with the factory charger and it gives me a reason to upgrade to a bigger wheel. now the big question is what one should i get? i want to keep it pump gas and i want to keep my rpm's at 8100-8150 so im going to need to get my impeller repitched or a new 15-20R what do you guys recommend i do to fix this situation?

A lot of us, like myself, love our x-chargers. But there's a couple other popular choices that other guys like also, and I think are comparible to the x-charger.
    I'm breaking 80 and 81 with my x charger on a 15/20 and 91 octane. Stock ECU/stock RPMs.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information