Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

press in fittings on carb for oil injection?

Does anyone know where or have a part number for maybe normal hardware I could use to order a press in barb fitting for a sbn38 carb the oil injection barb broke. I was able to pulled it out cleanly but can't find a single plance in town that has any ideal where to get something that small. boat place sent me to lawn mower place lawn mower place said it has nothing to do with lawn equiptment why would we have it? I so sick of living on the cost but no repair place in town ever has anything I need in stock be it needle and seat valves for a common carb or what I thought was a simple fitting. I found the official mikuni part 53-9921 sucks its about 6 before shipping and it can only be ordered as a set plug and spigot.
    The local high priced jetski repair place said I can order a whole primer kit just to get the fitting.

+1
    what broke??

oil injection hose fitting in carb or F/A housing?

oil injection hose fitting in carb it has a nipple that comes out for the hose and that nipple broke. ts a press in but I can't find a simliar size

+1
    what craft?

2003 xl700

+1
    the carbs don't have a oil injection fitting. The oil injection fitting is in the flame arrestor housing area. If you need that fitting, you'll most like need to get a whole FA housing. Try finding a used one on Ebay.
    If you carb has a fitting on it, then its been modified for a primer. The primer fitting you can get separately I believe. Or get the whole primer kit if the hoses and primer are getting old and not working too well.

My gp 760 has it in the flame arrestor but my snb38 03 xl700 has it in the top part of the carb.

one on left has its injector spigot other doesn't. And this model has no primer. I found a possible primer kit part that may work but was hoping someone had seen this before and knew of a air shop part or such that would fit right on but its so small I can't find anything

+1
    I'm 99% sure someone has removed the chokes and pressed in the primer fittings. And now the primer fittings are being used as oil injection fittings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information