Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Red face Rxtx260 impeller won't break loose

Goin the way the cone says reverse thread and this bastard won't break loose already broke one vise any help would b appreciated when I changed my prop the first time I didn't have blue loctite and put a Dab of red

Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    Goin the way the cone says reverse thread and this bastard won't break loose already broke one vise any help would b appreciated when I changed my prop the first time I didn't have blue loctite and put a Dab of red
    Uhh.... the cone on the front of the impeller is reverse thread.... the impeller threads themself are STANDARD thread onto the impeller hub big ass bolt of the pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    Uhh.... the cone on the front of the impeller is reverse thread.... the impeller threads themself are STANDARD thread onto the impeller hub big ass bolt of the pump.
    I have the impeller tool to loosen so it isn't reverse thread?

Tool or no tool, the threads on the actual impeller, and not the impeller cone, are standard threads.

Just look at the way the impeller spins and it will all make sense why the impeller cone is reverse thread, and the impeller itself is standard. Looking from the front of the craft back along the drive line. The whole drive line spins in a clockwise motion. The impeller is the part that gets driven and the cone and main bolt get driven off the impeller. Because the cone is before the impeller, if it had standard threads, it would loosen itself (think in your head if you held the cone and spun the drive line how with standard threads the cone would come off, but with reverse threads it wont), BUT because the main bolt is after the impeller with standard threads it keeps itself tight.

On the new RXPX 260 and RXTX260 the impellers are reverse thread. I have to use an inch heavy truck impact gun to get it out it was the only way after hitting it with 3 different impact guns

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPT400 View Post
    On the new RXPX 260 and RXTX260 the impellers are reverse thread. I have to use an inch heavy truck impact gun to get it out it was the only way after hitting it with 3 different impact guns
    So looking down at the impeller while in the vice clockwise should loosen it I busted two vices damn is it tight

+1
    I think that red loctite is high strength and will need heat to break loose.

+1
    Either that or you need to eat your Wheaties.....The prop should only be tightened to about 90 ft lbs....This isnt a Yamaha!!!!!

9. +1 by:

Get a bigger vice, 3/4" breaker bar and 5' long piece of galvanized pipe and she will come right off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Either that or you need to eat your Wheaties.....The prop should only be tightened to about 90 ft lbs....This isnt a Yamaha!!!!!
    Lol I over tighten everything gunna heat it up and let it rip very shortly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information