Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2002 XLT 1200 carburetors

Hello new here but I have visited the site for years. Question, I have a 2002 1200XLT with a rebuilt motor & d-plate done last year, runs great knock on fiberglass. Carburetors rebuilt as well. It appears when revving it takes about 5-10 seconds to come down idle speed, the response is good on the throttle and quick with no bogging out. Keep in mind this is done while in the water. Running premix 4oz per gallon, R50 oil. I just thought I'd throw that out there. Thanks.

+1
    It sounds like the throttle shafts are starting to stick a little in the carbs. if that is the problem you will have to have the shafts removed and new bushings installed. it could even be a bad cable. as far as the oil the ratio you are using is fine witch is 32-1 but you can get by running 40-1 is what i would recommend for a stock ski.

Thanks for the input, I'll have to remove the carbs again (such a pain removing the stinger but I'm a pro at it) and check to see if that is happening. As far as the premix I'll change over. Again thanks.

Hello - This is my first time posting, to be honest I couldnt figure out how to post so I decided to just reply to a similar thread...

I was hoping someone could help... I have a 02 Yamaha XLT 1200 that stalls when I depress the throttle through its full range of motion. I can get the ski to about 10 mph but if I keep pressing through its range It stalls... Now if I get it close to stalling and I tap, tap, tap the throttle I can get the ski past the bog and on plan to top speed. Any Ideas on what it could be and a quick fix? Thanks in advance!

Update. I took the ski out for a ride and tap, tap, tapped it on plane, about 8 seconds later the ski sounded like it was getting bogged down and stalled. I restarted it and it idles fine but I cant get it on plane anymore, as soon as it gets to about 10MPH and I try to throttle past that it stalls... Any Ideas?

+1
    95% - Carbs probably need rebuilding.

CCW , I agree but I had a carb rebuild done last season and the shop struggled badly. In the end I took the ski as good as they could get it and it ran ok but still had the same issue only more mild. It came back full force this year and now worse... I wonder if it could be some ethenol issue that will continue to happen over and over again...

+1
    How are you treating the ski for winterization? "Struggled badly" doesn't leave me with peace of mind.

CCW - Winterizing with the standard methods, winterizing antifreeze water intake, fogger at valves and in cylinders and stabil the fuel system. As for the shop, they were having trouble getting the ski to run perfect. In the end I took it from them in better condition then at first but it still wasn't perfect. Maybe I shouldn't have been so eager to get the ski back...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamb151 View Post
    CCW - Winterizing with the standard methods, winterizing antifreeze water intake, fogger at valves and in cylinders and stabil the fuel system. As for the shop, they were having trouble getting the ski to run perfect. In the end I took it from them in better condition then at first but it still wasn't perfect. Maybe I shouldn't have been so eager to get the ski back...
    where are you located

New York NY

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information